Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
Setting up Multiple RF remotes on one DTV Box
Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:46 AM
Posted 03 November 2009 - 06:45 AM
Posted 03 November 2009 - 07:50 AM
Edited by RegGeek, 03 November 2009 - 09:06 AM.
See profile for equipment list.
Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:02 AM
Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:12 AM
The wavy lines could be a couple of things. First possility is interference from over the air signals. If the modulator you are using has another channel, try the other channel. Or, get a UHF modulator that can be set to most any channel. The other possibility is a ground loop problem. If that is your problem, making sure you have a good electrical ground at both locations is important.
Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:14 AM
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 0 0 0 0 1
4. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
5. enter 9 6 1
6. press CH UP
7. enter the last 6 digits of the receivers ID #, found on a sticker in the access card comparment
8. press SELECT
Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:23 AM
There really is no limit as using the RF instructions you set the remotes to the right channel and the receiver picks up any commands it "hears".
I would make sure your other remote is RF, as said there should be an FCC sticker on the bottom.
Subscriber since Oct. 1996
HR21-700, HR22-100, H24-100 (SWM)
Directv Signal Strength Posting Tool - Excel Ver. Web Ver.
Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:57 PM