Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish Network 1st Sat TV Provider to introduce Locals in Alexandria, LA & Lima, OH

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,450 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:27 PM

Posted Image

DISH Network® First Satellite TV Provider to Introduce Local Channels in Alexandria, LA

WHAT: DISH Network® today announced it is the first satellite TV provider to introduce standard definition (SD) local channels in Alexandria, La. Channels include KLAX (ABC) Ch. 31, KALBD (CBS) Ch. 35, KALB (NBC) Ch.5, WNTZ (FOX) Ch. 48, KBCA (CW) Ch. 41 and KLPA (PBC) Ch. 26.
WHERE: Alexandria, La.
WHEN: Standard definition local channels become available to DISH Network subscribers at approximately 7 p.m. EST on Aug. 19, 2009.
WHY: No one offers local channels in more markets than DISH Network; currently DISH Network provides local channels in 182 markets covering more than 97 percent of U.S. TV households.
HOW: DISH Network customers in Alexandria can subscribe to their local channels for an additional $5 per month the morning after the channels have launched. For more information about DISH Network's local channel offerings, please visit www.dishnetwork.com or call 1-800-333-DISH (3474).

DISH Network® First Satellite TV Provider to Introduce Local Channels in Lima, Ohio

WHAT: DISH Network® today announced it is the first satellite TV provider to introduce standard definition (SD) local channels in Lima, Ohio. Channels include WLQP (ABC) Ch. 18, WLMO (CBS) Ch. 38, WLIO (NBC) Ch. 35, WOHL (FOX) Ch. 25, WTLW (IND) Ch. 44 and WBGU (PBS) Ch. 27.
WHERE: Lima, Ohio.
WHEN: No one offers local channels in more markets than DISH Network; currently DISH Network provides local channels in 182 markets covering more than 97 percent of U.S. TV households.
WHY: No one offers local channels in more markets than DISH Network; currently DISH Network provides local channels in 182 markets covering more than 97 percent of U.S. TV households.
HOW: DISH Network customers in Lima, Ohio can subscribe to their local channels for an additional $5 per month the morning after the channels have launched. For more information about DISH Network's local channel offerings, please visit www.dishnetwork.com or call 1-800-333-DISH (3474).

About DISH Network L.L.C.
DISH Network L.L.C., the nation's HD leader, provides approximately 13.610 million satellite TV customers as of June 30, 2009 with the highest quality programming and technology at the best value, including the lowest all-digital price nationwide. Customers have access to hundreds of video and audio channels, the most HD channels, the most international channels, state-of-the-art interactive TV applications, and award-winning HD and DVR technology including 1080p Video on Demand and the ViP® 722 HD DVR, a CNET and PC Magazine "Editors' Choice." Visit www.dishnetwork.com.

Media Contact
Robin Zimmerman
DISH Network Corp.

Edited by Stewart Vernon, 04 November 2009 - 08:34 PM.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:57 PM

Wow! Even the EKB charts aren't that far behind!

They left out that Alexandria comes from 129° and requires an 8PSK-capable receiver (111, 311, 522/625, or any from the HD line).

Lima also comes from 129° but can be gotten with any receiver.

(and it seems my PR subscription has been dropped again. grrr)
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#3 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 19,450 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:35 PM

I admit... it was a weird press release to see today, when it refers to things that happened back in June/August!

#4 OFFLINE   dennispap

dennispap

Icon

• Registered
  • 651 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:51 PM

According to Dish, those were released on August 19th. I remember seeing those a long time ago.
http://dish.client.s...om/releases.cfm

Edited by dennispap, 05 November 2009 - 04:04 PM.

#5 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 04:46 PM

When I looked at that page yesterday, the PRs in the OP were dated 11/4 and there was nothing for 8/19 where they are now. I also thought it was deja vu, but don't find any other PR thread with Alexandria or Lima in the title.
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#6 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 19,450 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 05 November 2009 - 04:56 PM

Maybe someone at the Web site goofed? They were there yesterday... but today they are no longer there under 11/4.

I'll close this thread since we know it is old news... but it was weird to see a "new" press release that wasn't new after all.

spam firewall