Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Billing Problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Ndftball

Ndftball

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:09 AM

I moved from New York to Iowa and was given the mover's special (free premier plus NFL ticket for 5 months). Bill arrived and it states Free Premier w/ NFL $0.00, directly under that I see NFL Ticket $59.99. I call Directv and they say that I'm receiving premier package free only, speak to the manager and she does nothing about it. So, paid my bill but now I'm pissed. Customer Service Rep told me I would be receiving premier and NFL when I moved. Any other options?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Knowledge

Knowledge

AllStar

• Registered
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:15 AM

Whats the problem? Are you not getting Premier or NFLST? The offer is; you pay in 5 monthly the installmentnts of 59.99 for NFLST, and get Premier for free during that time, and after you have to downgrade to a normal package like Choice Extra of or below so that you are not billed the 109.99 for Preimer.

1 HR23-700 (owned)networked hard wired
1 R16-500 (owned)
3 D12-500 (owned)
SWiM Networked
Comcast 10Mb connection (Grandfathered in at $25)
40in 1080p Toshiba Regza HDMI

#3 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 19,231 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:17 AM

Customer Service Rep told me I would be receiving premier and NFL when I moved. Any other options?

The CSR mislead you if they assured you that you would get NFL Season Ticket. With Premier you DO get NFL Network (in HD even). I'm wondering if you misunderstood what was being offered.

It is too late now, but I would still recommend that you read the terms and conditions for the mover's deal on the DIRECTV website.

#4 OFFLINE   Ndftball

Ndftball

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:21 AM

That is the problem, I believed it would be Premier plus NFL ticket not NFL Network. Just spoke to another manager who offered me a $60.00 credit for the misunderstanding.

#5 OFFLINE   say-what

say-what

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,668 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:22 AM

premier costs $109/month

NFL Sunday Ticket is billed at $59/month

You're paying for Sunday Ticket and getting the Premier Package for free

I don't see the problem, you're getting exactly what DirecTV offered and it's a great deal

#6 ONLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,045 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:32 AM

premier costs $109/month

NFL Sunday Ticket is billed at $59/month

You're paying for Sunday Ticket and getting the Premier Package for free

I don't see the problem, you're getting exactly what DirecTV offered and it's a great deal

That's the same offer many folks have been under, which ends at the end of the regular NFL Sunday Ticket Season.

On the DirecTV website, it should list the Premier and NFL Sunday Ticket services, with only $59 shown in terms of a cost (until the plan expiration date).

At that time, to avoid paying for the Premier Package, a customer will have to go in and select some other Package of their choice as their service going forward.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#7 OFFLINE   crasmus22

crasmus22

Mentor

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:40 AM

That is the problem, I believed it would be Premier plus NFL ticket not NFL Network. Just spoke to another manager who offered me a $60.00 credit for the misunderstanding.

Good job with you perseverance with a D* manager. Are you feeling better about being a customer or do you still feel mistrustful? Thanks.

#8 OFFLINE   Ndftball

Ndftball

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:47 AM

Good job with you perseverance with a D* manager. Are you feeling better about being a customer or do you still feel mistrustful? Thanks.

Actually, I feel stupid! lol It was MY mistake and Directv took care of me.

#9 ONLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,045 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:49 AM

Actually, I feel stupid! lol It was MY mistake and Directv took care of me.

Glad to hear you have been taken care of, and you should be proud that you "owned" your part in the confusion.

What's most important is that you are now happy with what you have in place, and can now enjoy watching instead of making phone calls. :D:)

#10 OFFLINE   Knowledge

Knowledge

AllStar

• Registered
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:52 AM

So you thought you were just gonna get all of that for free?!?!? :lol:
This is just another case where a customer just does not understand the offer is just is not plain listening or hears what they want to hear. To think you were gonna get 5 months of free service with the Premier and NFLST with a move, funny! :lol:

1 R16-500 (owned)
3 D12-500 (owned)
SWiM Networked

#11 OFFLINE   Ndftball

Ndftball

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:12 AM

So you thought you were just gonna get all of that for free?!?!? :lol:
This is just another case where a customer just does not understand the offer is just is not plain listening or hears what they want to hear. To think you were gonna get 5 months of free service with the Premier and NFLST with a move, funny! :lol:

Boy, you really like busting my balls. Like I said I made the mistake and owned up to it. D* was nice enough to accommodate the misunderstanding on my part. :)

#12 ONLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,045 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:14 AM

Boy, you really like busting my balls. Like I said I made the mistake and owned up to it. D* was nice enough to accommodate the misunderstanding on my part. :)

Yes...you certainly did your part to create the problem, but more important...to own up to it and resolve it.

Good job, no matter what others say.

#13 OFFLINE   Knowledge

Knowledge

AllStar

• Registered
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:36 AM

If i was busting balls I would have suggested you call them back and have them reverse that $60 credit you don't deserve. :P I wonder how much money D* would save a year if they didn't have to pay people for thier ignorance. It's things like that that lead to price increases, and the loss of channels(Versus, cough, cough).

1 R16-500 (owned)
3 D12-500 (owned)
SWiM Networked

#14 OFFLINE   Ndftball

Ndftball

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:41 PM

If i was busting balls I would have suggested you call them back and have them reverse that $60 credit you don't deserve. :P I wonder how much money D* would save a year if they didn't have to pay people for thier ignorance. It's things like that that lead to price increases, and the loss of channels(Versus, cough, cough).

If you're going to call someone out for being ignorant make sure to check your grammar and spelling first. ;)

#15 OFFLINE   bixler

bixler

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 01:00 PM

The CSR mislead you if they assured you that you would get NFL Season Ticket. With Premier you DO get NFL Network (in HD even). I'm wondering if you misunderstood what was being offered.

It is too late now, but I would still recommend that you read the terms and conditions for the mover's deal on the DIRECTV website.

Stay in the Dish Network threads. The CSR didn't mislead anyone, the offer is Free Premier if you buy NFL Ticket for $59.99 for 5 months. Why do you attempt to answer questions regarding Direct TV when you have Dish Network? You don't know squat about it.
Slimline5.....SWM 8.....SWS-8 8 way splitter
PI feeds SWS-8 splitter and HR 21-100 in Media Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Family Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12 wireless ethernet connection via Linksys WET610N
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Master Bedroom 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds H 21-100 in Guest Bedroom 0x45d2 3:27am 6/27/12

#16 ONLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,045 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 01:04 PM

Common folks...lets get back to civil here.

It would appear the original poster had their issue resolved, and we need to avoid anything further of a personal nature.

I'm not sure there's much to add at this point within this tread, but the OP is a better judge of that.

#17 OFFLINE   Knowledge

Knowledge

AllStar

• Registered
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 01:09 PM

If you're going to call someone out for being ignorant make sure to check your grammar and spelling first. ;)

Ignorance is the lack of knowlege, and can be cured with education. At this point your just being stupid. My improper grammer and spelling does not support the fact that you are any smarter. Nor does it support the idea that you are any less ignorant of the facts. Way to be trivial and also poor attempt to discredit. The fact remains you messed up and got paid for it and know it. This is not honest... regardless of my syntax errors.

1 R16-500 (owned)
3 D12-500 (owned)
SWiM Networked

#18 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,927 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 05 November 2009 - 01:16 PM

Sorry guys .. Thread seems asked answered and moving way in the wrong direction now ..
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

Protected By... spam firewall...And...