Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NBA Broadband

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   redram38

redram38

Icon

• Registered
  • 684 posts
  • LocationMillington Tn

Posted 05 November 2009 - 04:09 PM

I remember last year there was an issue getting Broadband activated for Directv League Pass customers. I cannot get the activation to go through again this year. Is everyone having this issue and if not what did you do to make it work. I entered my account number with and without the zeros at the beginning and all I get is the error could not activate box. I had to scan and email a copy of my bill to NBA.Com. Is this a Directv issue or NBA issue. Frustrating having to go through this every year.
Directv with 4 HDDVR's 3 HR24's and one HR21
Dish with Hopper/sling, Hopper/sling adapter and 4 joeys

Directv for 17 years, Dish for 1 month. Loving the Hopper and Primetime anytime so far.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mark Walters

Mark Walters

Legend

• Registered
  • 240 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 04:22 PM

I remember last year there was an issue getting Broadband activated for Directv League Pass customers. I cannot get the activation to go through again this year. Is everyone having this issue and if not what did you do to make it work. I entered my account number with and without the zeros at the beginning and all I get is the error could not activate box. I had to scan and email a copy of my bill to NBA.Com. Is this a Directv issue or NBA issue. Frustrating having to go through this every year.

Red,

This is the first year I was able to activate the NBA Broadband without problems. I was stunned it actually worked. Make sure you're activating NBA Broadband TV Companion. Here is the link: https://audience.nba...pb-msoActivate?

If you don't have an all access account - sign up - then it takes you to the TV companion screen where you throw in provider and account number - it worked for me. Otherwise you'll have to go through the faxing procedures again. Good luck

#3 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,726 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:52 PM

Its an NBA issue and I had to do the same thing again this year. Still no answer from the NBA though.

Got an answer from the NBA tonight:

Dear Customer,

We have received your subscription account information, and it has been transferred for activation. This process can take from three to five business days. After three to five business days, (from the receipt of this letter) please follow the steps below to activate your League Pass Broadband Service.

1. Go to: https://audience.nba...lpb-msoActivate
2. Sign in to your All-Access account or create a new All-Access membership account.
3. Select your Cable Provider name and input the account number from your bill. NOTE: Account numbers need to be numbers only, no dashes, spaces or special characters. (If your account number starts with zero, and you receive an error when you activate, try removing the zero or zeros.)
4. Read the Terms of Service for League Pass Broadband, and click on “I have read and accept the above subscriber agreement.”
5. Click on Activate TV Companion.

If, after three to five days (after receipt of this letter), you are not able to activate your free League Pass Broadband Companion account, please respond back to us via this ticket.

Thank you,

I had opened up a Support Ticket.

Edited by DCSholtis, 05 November 2009 - 09:43 PM.

Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#4 OFFLINE   evilquik

evilquik

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:09 AM

I'm usually up on my game but I have never heard of this feature. Thanks a bunch fellas. I signed up and it works great instantly. Just too sweeeeeet...

#5 OFFLINE   nitty316

nitty316

Legend

• Registered
  • 216 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:47 AM

I'm still locked out:

Please correct the following errors and try again.
We are unable to validate your NBA LEAGUE PASS TV subscription. Please verify the cable or satellite service provider and account number provided.

It may take up to 5 business days after placing your NBA LEAGUE PASS TV subscription order to enable activation of your complimentary NBA LEAGUE PASS BROADBAND subscription. If your NBA LEAGUE PASS TV subscription was ordered more than 5 business days ago AND you are not able to activate your NBA LEAGUE PASS BROADBAND subscription, please click here for additional activation instructions.

#6 OFFLINE   xtc

xtc

Legend

• Registered
  • 243 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:41 PM

This is an absolute joke. Pathetic on NBA's and DirecTV's part. An absolute embarassment. This happens every single year. I put in my DirecTV account number year after year after year and it NEVER recognizes it. I don't know why this feature is even there if it doesn't work. We have to fax or open up a ticket through that sh!thole website. And they say it takes up to 5 business days after requesting for it to start working. Yeeeaaah. So I get a response to the ticket EIGHT days later saying it will take an ADDITIONAL 5 business days. So it's now about 2 weeks and STILL nothing works. I hate them. Of course there is no way to contact anyone regarding this, except for there stupid ticket system.

To top it all off, they are beyond idiotic. Last year, they actually had the scores of all the games displayed right next to the area you have to click to watch the game. What Einstein thought of this? who the hell wants to see the score of the game before he starts watching the game? If we knew the result, why would we even want to watch it? I am sure they have the same thing again this year. They are not bright enough to even see how retarded this is. I can only imagine the people running this....

#7 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,913 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:55 PM

xtc...I know it's a pain and I'm waiting my 3-5 days (tomorrow's 5), but relax. It's a free perk & I'm sure it'll be straightened out.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#8 OFFLINE   nitty316

nitty316

Legend

• Registered
  • 216 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:08 PM

Contacted NBA Tech Support and the sent me a Discount Code to use my NBA BB and it works great.

#9 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,726 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:44 PM

Contacted NBA Tech Support and the sent me a Discount Code to use my NBA BB and it works great.

+1 they ended up sending me a code as well.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#10 OFFLINE   xtc

xtc

Legend

• Registered
  • 243 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:18 PM

How do you contact them? and they gave you a discount to use on your DirecTV bill?

#11 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,726 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:56 AM

How do you contact them? and they gave you a discount to use on your DirecTV bill?

No, they gave a code to use to get the broadband package authorized. The first suggestion they gave me didn't work so they emailed me back with a special one time code to use and that worked. Has or had nothing to do with Directv. And for me it was by support ticket on the NBA website. Not sure about the other poster.
Dan Sholtis

#12 OFFLINE   gpg

gpg

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,713 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 19 November 2009 - 12:15 PM

I started a ticket last night. We'll see how long it takes for my access to be established.
HR24-200,HR23-700,HR21-200, HR21-100, HR34-700,
Sony KDS-R50XBR1,HDMI, LG 37LH40,HDMI Vizio 390-A1,HDMI,Sony KDL-40NX711, HDMI, Vizio VO320E, HDMI, SWM16 with DECA,
Sony STR-DG1000 AV Receiver optical cable connection for HR24-200, GenieGo

#13 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,726 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:19 PM

I started a ticket last night. We'll see how long it takes for my access to be established.

I opened 2 tickets. Took a week total to get it straight.
Dan Sholtis

#14 OFFLINE   DBSooner

DBSooner

Legend

• Registered
  • 177 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:13 PM

This process really sucks. I have to reopen the ticket because it still won't activate.
D* subscriber since 2002

HD DVR - HR21-100
HD DVR - HR21-100
HD - H21-100

If I think before I post, I might not post at all. :)

#15 OFFLINE   redram38

redram38

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 684 posts
  • LocationMillington Tn

Posted 21 November 2009 - 12:13 AM

I had to just reopen my ticket as well. I am fixing to call Directv but then again they will probl tell me it is the NBA's fault, which it probl is.

Directv for 17 years, Dish for 1 month. Loving the Hopper and Primetime anytime so far.

#16 OFFLINE   gpg

gpg

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,713 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:49 AM

After I reopened my ticket last night, I received a coupon code this morning that allowed me to activate the broadband service.
HR24-200,HR23-700,HR21-200, HR21-100, HR34-700,
Sony KDS-R50XBR1,HDMI, LG 37LH40,HDMI Vizio 390-A1,HDMI,Sony KDL-40NX711, HDMI, Vizio VO320E, HDMI, SWM16 with DECA,
Sony STR-DG1000 AV Receiver optical cable connection for HR24-200, GenieGo

#17 OFFLINE   DBSooner

DBSooner

Legend

• Registered
  • 177 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 12:52 PM

After I reopened my ticket last night, I received a coupon code this morning that allowed me to activate the broadband service.

It seems that's what everyone has to do to activate tv companion. I wish they would have done that in the first place.
D* subscriber since 2002

HD DVR - HR21-100
HD DVR - HR21-100
HD - H21-100

If I think before I post, I might not post at all. :)

#18 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,913 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 23 November 2009 - 12:56 PM

I reopened mine, too. Kind of incompetent on their part.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#19 OFFLINE   redram38

redram38

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 684 posts
  • LocationMillington Tn

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:56 PM

I got the code the next day. This really should be fixed for next year. We should not have to wait weeks after the season has started to use this feature.

#20 OFFLINE   DKD22

DKD22

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 10:24 AM

My experience:

I submitted a ticket yesterday after the website wouldn't work. They emailed me back the same day asking for a screenshot of my DTV bill. I sent that and this morning got an email with a coupon that allowed me to activate the service.

Time from opening the ticket to being able to activate the service: approximately 18 hours. And that was during the Thanksgiving weekend.

It would be nice if the website would work the way it's supposed to, but either I was very lucky or their customer service has become very responsive.

spam firewall