Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Surprise $5 credit anniversary gift

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   gphvid

gphvid

Godfather

• Registered
  • 498 posts
  • LocationThousand Oaks, Ca

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:25 AM

Just got my Nov bill and noticed a new anniversary gift in the form of a $5 credit. Wonder if it is just for this month or if it is recurring for a few months? It is marked as a 15 year anniversary credit. And this month is my 15th year with DirecTV...

While not biting the hand that feeds, I would like HD access to be free and no longer a monthly charge....but one can dream....:rolleyes:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• Registered
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:23 AM

Discounts usually state the term: "$5 off for xx months" on your bill (mine does). Hopefully it's more then a 1 time credit for 15 years. If it isn't I'd send them an email and politely tell them to keep it. :)

Just got my Nov bill and noticed a new anniversary gift in the form of a $5 credit. Wonder if it is just for this month or if it is recurring for a few months? It is marked as a 15 year anniversary credit. And this month is my 15th year with DirecTV...

While not biting the hand that feeds, I would like HD access to be free and no longer a monthly charge....but one can dream....:rolleyes:

#3 OFFLINE   nhcookyjar

nhcookyjar

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:29 AM

Boy what sports only 5 bucks after 15 years of loyal patronage.

#4 OFFLINE   idigg

idigg

Legend

• Registered
  • 243 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:17 PM

If it's for only one month, that is such a kick in the nads. Its better to not give a $5 credit than nothing at all.
HR21-700
HR22-100
H21-100
---------
AM21 for sale $38 shipped (PM ME)

#5 OFFLINE   cartrivision

cartrivision

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,862 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:07 PM

Just got my Nov bill and noticed a new anniversary gift in the form of a $5 credit. Wonder if it is just for this month or if it is recurring for a few months? It is marked as a 15 year anniversary credit. And this month is my 15th year with DirecTV...:

It's $5 a month for 15 months. You should have gotten a "Happy Anniversary" card from DirecTV telling you about your 15th anniversary gift.

#6 OFFLINE   celticpride

celticpride

Icon

• Registered
  • 968 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:21 PM

I also got a $ 5.00 credit for 3 MONTHS and i have also been with directv for 15 years i wish it was for 15 months instead of 3!!!!!

#7 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• Registered
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:55 PM

After 6 years I haven't even gotten a free PPV.

#8 OFFLINE   SWORDFISH

SWORDFISH

Legend

• Registered
  • 189 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:26 AM

I received the same thing, here is what it says on my "account details" page of their website:

Happy anniversary and thank you for being a loyal DIRECTV customer!
Please accept our free anniversary gift of a $5 Discount for 15 months as a token of our appreciation. There are no charges or strings attached - it's just our way of saying thanks. Be sure to go to directv.com/thanks and update your email address for future anniversary gifts.

SF
HR24-200 - WD10EVDS in Antec MX-1 Enclosure
HR24-500
HR24-500
H24-100
H24-100
Directv Since 1994

#9 OFFLINE   gphvid

gphvid

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 498 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 04:10 AM

I received the same thing, here is what it says on my "account details" page of their website:

SF

Just checked my account again and it now has this same banner stating that it is a $5 credit per month for 15 months. That will offset the cost of the HD receiver I just installed courtesy of their hearts free receiver offer a couple of months ago. Makes me wonder what they'll do at 20...

#10 OFFLINE   gphvid

gphvid

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 498 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 04:14 AM

Boy what sports only 5 bucks after 15 years of loyal patronage.

While I do like the credit and the gift (who doesn't), I could really use a programming credit or HD access for free instead of the monthly charge. But then, $5 is $5 and I'm glad to have it.

It is nice that they do this sort of thing for their subs from time to time. They don't have to and can be like other providers. I just hope they don't stop doing rewards and gifts. It's good for PR...

#11 OFFLINE   biggie4852

biggie4852

AllStar

• Registered
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 08:01 PM

Got my gift it was 5 months of the sport pack. Seems ok but a lot of event are black out all NHL and NBA are block if not in your home area. College sport are not block, but Fox Sport has Oregon vs CAL on 8 different channels. It is not something I'd pay 12.95 that's for sure.

Edited by biggie4852, 07 November 2009 - 08:19 PM.

54" Panny G25
50" Viera TC-P50S2
37" Syntax Olevia LCD 37HVS

(1)HR21-700
(2)HR23-700

#12 OFFLINE   apexmi

apexmi

Godfather

• Registered
  • 347 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:05 PM

I got $5 of for 10 months. 10 year anniversary
Bob

HR20-700,H20-100 x3, Toshiba 57HX83 Cinema Series 1080i, Toshiba HD-A1 & A2(2) HD-DVD, PS3 200gb Blu-ray, Onkyo 806 7.1, Harmony 880, Olevia 232v 720p LCD,Sharp 19" Aquos 720p,Toshiba 26HF85 1080i CRT, AT9 Main Dish, AU9 Slimline Tripod mounted for camping / tailgating DirecTV sub since 02/99.

"It ain't the parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand."- Mark Twain

#13 OFFLINE   Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,491 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:18 PM

They gave me the Sports Pack for free (for 3 months, I think). It's of no value to me. The only reason that I don't have Premiere is that I don't care about the sports pack. I doubt that I'll even change my custom channel guide to include these additional channels.

Will they automatically cancel the Sports Pack when the promotion is up or will I need to cancel it myself?

#14 OFFLINE   naijai

naijai

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:27 PM

They gave me the Sports Pack for free (for 3 months, I think). It's of no value to me. The only reason that I don't have Premiere is that I don't care about the sports pack. I doubt that I'll even change my custom channel guide to include these additional channels.

Will they automatically cancel the Sports Pack when the promotion is up or will I need to cancel it myself?

It will cancel itself
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

DIRECTV employee since May 2003.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views DO NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#15 OFFLINE   nocola

nocola

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:32 AM

Well I got a Surprise when I went to check my mom's D* bill and I saw a 10 dollar credit for 12 months. I don't remember when she signed up for it I think it was in Feb 2001. I was messing around with the thanks address and I signed in and I did not think it would do anything. But Now when I log in I get a thank you for being with Directv message. I wonder what would happen if you keep on going to that address and login on.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...