Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Is the NFL Sunday Ticket worth it anymore?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   roadrunner1782

roadrunner1782

Icon

• Registered
  • 748 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:18 PM

MsGuy, as a Chicago area resident, allow me to say that you don't WANT to watch the Bears this season. They suck!

Hey just because a team sucks doesn't mean a fan doesn't want to watch them play (or play bad)! Go Titans!:D

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 8,173 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:19 PM

Yeah, the Chicago Cubs would prove that statement very well! :D

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#23 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,349 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:34 PM

I think I would get Sunday Ticket even if half the games were nationally televised for the Colts. I want to see them all and I really like getting to see any game I want. That being said I am a out of market fan and my area shows alot of Rams and Chiefs. I just had enough crappy football. Last year I ordered D* just for this purpose even though I get no locals and I still dont regret my decision. As a matter of fact if Congress helps me out I will get In-State Out of DMA locals soon and get to keep my DNS channels. Point being I wont get rid of Sunday Ticket for anything. If E* were to get it then I would more then likely jump ship. It would be hard but I would live to have a 4 tuner HD DVR anyways.

#24 OFFLINE   chevyguy559

chevyguy559

Fresno State Bulldog!

• Registered
  • 707 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:26 PM

I won't be subscribing next year unless they have a $50-75 RZC only package or add NFL Red Zone to the Sports Pack......and even then if they don't do one of those two, I may pay the 3 month ETF and go to a provider that offers NFL Red Zone for a decent amount. I see ALL my 49ers games locally, but am a fantasy football player, so $209.94 for the RZC is just too much IMO :D

DirecTV Subscriber Since 11/2008
Choice Ultimate - HD Extra - RZC
(2) HR22-100
(1) HR22-100 (Owned)
(1) HR21-100 (Owned)

#25 OFFLINE   dcowboy7

dcowboy7

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,629 posts
  • LocationPequannock, NJ

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:46 PM

My usual response to the plethora of these threads:

My Top 10 Reasons For NFL Sunday Ticket:
1. Can watch Cowboys EVERY WEEK.
2. Avoid having only 1 game to watch at either 1:00 or 4:15 every week.
3. Dont get stuck watching a local team when they are 3-7 instead of another good game that is blacked out.
4. Between betting games & fantasy football that extra income usually pays for the season.
5. Here in NY because of Giants & Jets its multiple Sunday afternoons of only 2 games.
6. Dont have to worry about network leaving national game early to get to local team game.
7. CBS/FOX "Flex Block" 10 good games so they will not move to Primetime but i still see them.
8. "NFL ShortCuts" every Monday/Tuesday & Red Zone Channel & Game Mix Channel.
9. Always gotten SuperFan Free so all games are HD.
10. Its just so Frakking Fun !!

spam firewall