Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NFL game mix

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cneo

cneo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:49 PM

Anyone know why NFL game mix doesn't show all games? For example, right now they have one view showing that an upcoming game later today, but there are other games being played rignt now that could be inserted in that box/view.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Solidgator

Solidgator

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:53 PM

+1

Is there anyway to change the channel that is shown in the individual windows? (Game mix HD specifically) Thanks in advance

#3 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 01:07 PM

Jacksonville didn't sell out thus they can't show that game on the Mix channel.

#4 OFFLINE   Justin23

Justin23

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 01:09 PM

It is very rare that they won't show all games available....also rare that 8 games are being played at once. As bonscott stated, the Jax game is blacked out so that is why they can't show it on the mix channel.

No, you can't pick which games are in the mix, but like I said its rare that you have 8 games being played at once...

J

#5 OFFLINE   KsBillsFan

KsBillsFan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 01:26 PM

Can you highlight the game for that games audio? I have double play going on, so every time I try, it just changes channel. I never even get the yellow highlight around the first game box.

#6 OFFLINE   cariera

cariera

Icon

• Registered
  • 862 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:44 PM

I do not regularyly use the game mix channel, but today I noticed that when I highlighted the games on the game mix channel that were being broadcast on the local channels, and selected them, I would be taken to the RZC. Is this something new?

#7 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:47 PM

Can you highlight the game for that games audio? I have double play going on, so every time I try, it just changes channel. I never even get the yellow highlight around the first game box.

Yes, you can use the green button to change the sound. The words "English 1", "English 2", etc will appear as it changes the sound for the different windows.

If you have that problem again, try bringing up the guide and then exit from it. That usually restarts the interactive function, so the highlight will appear.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#8 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:50 PM

I do not regularyly use the game mix channel, but today I noticed that when I highlighted the games on the game mix channel that were being broadcast on the local channels, and selected them, I would be taken to the RZC. Is this something new?

Sounds new and improved. Usually it takes you to the NFLST channel with the blackout, which I hated. Wish it could take you to the local channel that is showing the game. Probably can't map it because there are so many different locals around the country.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#9 OFFLINE   kikkenit2

kikkenit2

Icon

• Registered
  • 668 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 09:26 PM

but like I said its rare that you have 8 games being played at once...

Only 2 weeks this season had 7 early games. The other 15 weeks have between 8 and 11 early games scheduled. So most weeks there isn't enough room on game mix for every game to be shown. The weeks 14 and 17 show 11 early games. Usually 1 game will be moved to afternoon for a maximum of 10 simultaneous games on sunday ticket.

#10 OFFLINE   Justin23

Justin23

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 09:41 PM

Sounds new and improved. Usually it takes you to the NFLST channel with the blackout, which I hated. Wish it could take you to the local channel that is showing the game. Probably can't map it because there are so many different locals around the country.

The GameSearch function will find the game on your local channel, then ask if you want to tune to it.

J

#11 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,745 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 08 November 2009 - 09:51 PM

I didn't try it today, but in weeks past when I selected a game from the mix channel that was on a local channel, it would take me to my local channel (the satellite one), either CBS or Fox.

#12 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,367 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:40 PM

Probably not as some people have OTA for locals anyway.

#13 OFFLINE   BGreen965

BGreen965

Legend

• Registered
  • 103 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:27 PM

I wish at 4 oclock ET it would reset and only show 4 games but make them bigger. There's a lot of wasted space on the screen during the late games and I don't need to see the red zone channel when I can already see all the games available.
- DirecTV (since 2005) // AU9 // SWM // Diplexed Charter
2 HR20-700, 2 HR21, 2 H20-600
My Site: SailingForums.com

Protected By... spam firewall...And...