Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Order messed up beyond belief (rant)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   flhxi

flhxi

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:06 AM

Ordered a new HD receiver on Nov 1st called on the3rd to find out when it might ship and was told they were on back order and they could not give me a anticipated date when they might have them. So I canceled the order from D and bought online from Solidsignal. Fast forward to the 5th I get 2 delivery's from from FedEx the one from Solidsignal and the canceled order from D.
Call D to tell them they screwed up and they need to send me a return shipping label. They refuse to do this saying that I should send the one I bought from Solidsignal back. Over the next few days I get the runaround from D. In the meantime I activate the receiver I got from Solidsignal.
Call D this morning to try and get them to take back the canceled order receiver. They say the one I activated is the one they sent I proceed to tell them that is impossible since that one has never been removed from the box. Finally have to get a supervisor on the line he finally believes me but says the only way to fix the problem is the deactivate the one I bought from Solidsignal and activate the one they sent. He agrees that this is messed up but is the only way he can credit my account.
Unbelievable!!!!
On top of that my wife complains that some of her channels are missing on the newly activated HR23 that were there last night. When I ask what channels she says 6-2, 8-2, 8-3
I explain that is was impossible for her to have ever have those because they are off air channels! But she swears she did! (No Am21 by the way)

ARRRRGHH
Everyone is out to get me

Edited by flhxi, 09 November 2009 - 11:26 PM.
completed last sentance

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Knowledge

Knowledge

AllStar

• Registered
  • 78 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 12:12 PM

Keep you SolidSignal unit. Call D* have then cancel the one they shipped you in their order system.(this should be no problem if the unit that was sent to you was not activated) that will refund you for anything charged to card to place for the order. If it was billed to account(rare) then they can manually credit for what was charged if not automatically refunded to the account. Request a return kit manually be sent. Provide the card #, the ird# and serial #. With that info an agent can place a manual order for the return kit of the receiver. Issue solved.

1 HR23-700 (owned)networked hard wired
1 R16-500 (owned)
3 D12-500 (owned)
SWiM Networked
Comcast 10Mb connection (Grandfathered in at $25)
40in 1080p Toshiba Regza HDMI

#3 OFFLINE   evilquik

evilquik

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 12:19 PM

Ordered a new HD receiver on Nov 1st called on the3rd to find out when it might ship and was told they were on back order and they could not give me a anticipated date when they might have them. So I canceled the order from D and bought online from Solidsignal. Fast forward to the 5th I get 2 delivery's from from FedEx the one from Solidsignal and the canceled order from D.
Call D to tell them they screwed up and they need to send me a return shipping label. They refuse to do this saying that I should send the one I bought from Solidsignal back. Over the next few days I get the runaround from D. In the meantime I activate the receiver I got from Solidsignal.
Call D this morning to try and get them to take back the canceled order receiver. They say the one I activated is the one they sent I proceed to tell them that is impossible since that one has never been removed from the box. Finally have to get a supervisor on the line he finally believes me but says the only way to fix the problem is the deactivate the one I bought from Solidsignal and activate the one they sent. He agrees that this is messed up but is the only way he can credit my account.
Unbelievable!!!!
On top of that my wife complains that some of her channels are missing on the newly activated HR23 that were there last night. When I ask what channels she says 6-2, 8-2, 8-3
I explain that is was impossible for her to have ever have those because they are off air channels! But she swears she did! (No Am21 by the way)

ARRRRGHH
Everyone is out to

Dont be so darn impatient next time. How long did you actually think that DirecTV's flagship model would be backordered?

#4 OFFLINE   INSIDERINFO

INSIDERINFO

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 12:26 PM

flhxi was the hd that broke was it a hd 20 alot have a off air tuner built in and the h23 does not??

#5 ONLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 09 November 2009 - 12:46 PM

Any possibility that the input on the TV was set to Antenna instead of the receiver? Is there an OTA connected to your TV at all?
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#6 OFFLINE   rudeney

rudeney

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 02:54 PM

Dont be so darn impatient next time. How long did you actually think that DirecTV's flagship model would be backordered?

Re-read the OP's post:

"...was told they were on back order and they could not give me a anticipated date when they might have them. So I canceled the order..."

If D* had told him it would be delayed a few days, it might not have been an issue. But being on backorder with no anticipated date could be a long wait. He canceled the order, yet D*'s system somehow didn't properly handle that. In fact, my guess is that the unit wasn't ever on backorder, but the order status was just not updated for the CSR, or the CR didn't know how to interpret the data displayed. I find it absurd that with all the technology D* has to provide satellite T service, they can't create (or buy) a decent customer service system.

#7 OFFLINE   flhxi

flhxi

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:29 PM

Keep you SolidSignal unit. Call D* have then cancel the one they shipped you in their order system.(this should be no problem if the unit that was sent to you was not activated) that will refund you for anything charged to card to place for the order. If it was billed to account(rare) then they can manually credit for what was charged if not automatically refunded to the account. Request a return kit manually be sent. Provide the card #, the ird# and serial #. With that info an agent can place a manual order for the return kit of the receiver. Issue solved.

I agree it should have been no problem for them to cancel the order they shipped. But they obsoletely refused to do that!

#8 OFFLINE   flhxi

flhxi

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:36 PM

Any possibility that the input on the TV was set to Antenna instead of the receiver? Is there an OTA connected to your TV at all?

Yes there is a OTA antenna on the TV but she swears it was the D guide that showed the other 6-2 etc channels I know that was imposable There is also no AM21 Direct OTA tuner hooked to the receiver. And the receiver being replaced was a R15-300

spam firewall