Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

college basketball and the ESPNs HD version 3

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ARKDTVfan

ARKDTVfan

Icon

• Registered
  • 597 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:05 PM

anyone know for sure if ESPN will pump up their offering of HD games this season, in the pre conference portion of the season for sure
in the past they had a bunch of games in SD only :nono2:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:36 PM

I'd be just tickled if ESPNU HD was hurried up and turned on.

#3 OFFLINE   Lee L

Lee L

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:20 AM

Yeah, I watched some of the UNC-FIU game last night and ESPNU on DirecTV sucks the big one. It looks horrible!

DirecTV, please don't make me have to go back to watching March Madness in standard Def! Oh, and the usual begging for AMC and BBC America. You are so close to actually being the HD Leader.

#4 OFFLINE   sum_random_dork

sum_random_dork

Icon

• Registered
  • 890 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:20 PM

I am guessing it's hard because there are only so many HD capable trucks/cameras. Currently ESPN has them dedicated to their College Football season, once that ends I would guess a lot more games will be in HD for basketball.

#5 OFFLINE   lwilli201

lwilli201

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 12:04 AM

The Maui Invitational is in HD this year. I believe this is the first year in HD.
I have seen some SD BB games this year, but very few. SD games will probably be a thing of the past on ESPN next year.

As for the locally produced games, HD may be sometime away. The Missouri Tigers Network is still SD and I believe the Kansas BB network is also SD.
1-HR21-100, 2-HR21-700, 1 w/eSATA, all networked, unsupported MRV. AT9 Dish(110 & 119 disabled) and SWM8.

#6 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 12:47 AM

Any game that is on ESPN should always be in HD from now on. Both ESPN and ESPN2 are full time HD channels now and have been for some time. We should never have to put up with a standard definition game on ESPN ever again.

spam firewall