Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DIRECTV Transponder Map: Data of 11/09/09

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,926 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:51 PM

The attachments to this post cover all DIRECTV Channels and Transponders, CONUS (Continental US or National beams) and LIL (Local Into Local or Spot beams). The data also includes all the OTA (over the air) channel information.

The single Excel document provides all the CONUS, LIL and OTA data for DIRECTV Satellites at the 72.5W, 95W, 99W, 101W, 103W, 110W and 119W positions.

Two supplemental documents are also provided:

• A Network-Market-DMA Networklist cross-reference sheet. This information is particularly useful in understanding the LIL data. This document is current with the 2010 DMA rank assignments by Nielsen.

• A Network Decoder map showing the satellites and transponders graphically as they appear on your receiver's signal strength display.
All documents are fully unprotected so you may copy and use the data as you wish.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,926 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:06 PM

Once again, we all owe a round of thanks to Doctor J for capturing all this data.

This month's TPN Map is a new approach, providing just a single Excel .xls file with all the CONUS, LIL and OTA data. We're at that point where Excel is the only way to effectively deal with 7,300 lines of channel information. Sorry, but if you are not familiar with Excel, it's time to bite the bullet and get onboard.

I've taken the time to automate the process so I can go from raw data to a final Excel file in less than 15 minutes. I think that is important because with D12 on the horizon, it will be great for us to provide a weekly or more frequent look at the changes that are taking place.

As always, your input and suggestions are very important!

#3 OFFLINE   hasan

hasan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,908 posts
  • LocationOgden, IA

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:47 AM

Once again, we all owe a round of thanks to Doctor J for capturing all this data.

This month's TPN Map is a new approach, providing just a single Excel .xls file with all the CONUS, LIL and OTA data. We're at that point where Excel is the only way to effectively deal with 7,300 lines of channel information. Sorry, but if you are not familiar with Excel, it's time to bite the bullet and get onboard.

I've taken the time to automate the process so I can go from raw data to a final Excel file in less than 15 minutes. I think that is important because with D12 on the horizon, it will be great for us to provide a weekly or more frequent look at the changes that are taking place.

As always, your input and suggestions are very important!

Just a note for anyone who doesn't want to spend the money for Microsoft Excel:

The Open Office Suite of programs handles Excel files perfectly and it is free for the download. It does everything (and more) that uSoft Office does. I've been using it for several years with no problems.

...hasan, N0AN

SlimLine5-SWiMLNB/DECA/WHDVR
HR44-700, WD20EURX 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Max 5 Enclosure

HR24-200, WD20EVDS 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Dock

HR24-200, H21-200. Samsung UN60C6400 60" LED/LCD

DirecTV since 1995

#4 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,058 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:16 AM

Or you can use MS Excel Viewer program for free ;).

#5 OFFLINE   beakor

beakor

Legend

• Registered
  • 118 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:26 AM

If you have gmail account you can open the files in google documents also.

#6 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,926 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 04:46 PM

Closing this thread now. Please see the new thread with data current as of 11/28/09.

gct

Protected By... spam firewall...And...