Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Press Release: Jaya TV Debuts Nationwide Exclusively on DISH Network

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp

Analog Geek in a Digital World

• Super Moderators
  • 10,040 posts
  • LocationNorthern Illinois

Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:08 PM

JAYA TV DEBUTS NATIONWIDE EXCLUSIVELY ON DISH NETWORK®

Englewood, Colo., Nov. 12, 2009 – DISH Network L.L.C., a subsidiary of DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), today introduced Jaya TV, a top-rated Tamil channel from India. The channel is available exclusively to DISH Network customers in the U.S.
“The addition of Jaya TV brings a unique channel that not only strengthens our South Indian channel lineup, but also offers more value to our customers,” said Chris Kuelling, vice president of International Programming for DISH Network. “We are committed to providing the most diverse and exclusive international programming options in the United States.”
“Jaya TV offers programs created keeping the global Tamil audience in mind,” said Sundaram Ranganathan, CEO of Jaya TV Network. “With the addition of the U.S. market, Jaya TV continues to move forward in its quest to provide Tamilians worldwide with the best of their culture’s programming.”
Jaya TV, available on DISH Network Ch. 792, carries “Jack Pot,” “Makkal Arangam” and “Thaka Thimi Tha,” some of the most popular programs. The entertainment channel also features special hosts Khushbu, Mr. Visu and S.P. Balasubramaniam, some of the best known faces from the South Indian film and music world.
Jaya TV is available to DISH Network customers for $24.99 per month as part of the Tamil Mega Pack, which includes three Tamil channels, or for $9.99 per month as an a la carte option.
DISH Network offers more than 170 international channels in more than 28 languages – more than any other pay-TV provider. To learn more about DISH Network’s international programming or to order Jaya TV, call 1-888-242-1865 or visit www.dishnetwork.com/tamil.

###

About DISH Network L.L.C.DISH Network L.L.C., the nation's HD leader, provides approximately 13.851 million satellite TV customers as of Sept. 30, 2009, with the highest quality programming and technology at the best value, including the lowest all-digital price nationwide. Customers have access to hundreds of video and audio channels, the most HD channels, the most international channels, state-of-the-art interactive TV applications, and award-winning HD and DVR technology including 1080p Video on Demand and the ViP® 722 HD DVR, a CNET and PC Magazine "Editors' Choice." Visit www.dishnetwork.com.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Lincoln6Echo

Lincoln6Echo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 348 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 09:57 AM

Can't wait for this....been looking for another South Indian channel. Couldn't get enough of Indian TV. [/sarcasm off]
END OF LINE

#3 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,293 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 13 November 2009 - 10:20 AM

It's good to know that Tamil heritage residents can get access to Tamil language TV programming. After all Indra Nooyi, Chairperson of PepsiCoWorld, Akshmi Narayanan, CEO & President of Cognizant Technology Solutions U.S, and Ram Sriram, One of the founding members of Google Inc. are all of Tamil heritage.

As someone of the somewhat larger British Isles heritage population in the U.S., I'd like to see some of the popular British Isles programming added to the Dish Network HD lineup through such outlets as PBS, BBCA, and Rainbow-Media-owned channels. I suppose, though, we do get them in SD just like the similarly large Tamil-only speaking population in U.S.:rolleyes:

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#4 OFFLINE   Deke Rivers

Deke Rivers

Legend

• Registered
  • 134 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:29 AM

this is almost as exciting as the Ski Channel announcement. I dont think I can take much more..thank you Dish!!!!!:eek2:

#5 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 01:03 PM

Can't wait for this....been looking for another South Indian channel. Couldn't get enough of Indian TV. [/sarcasm off]

Dish is number 1 in international programning. No question about it!

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#6 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,504 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 01:31 PM

I guess DishTV customer service reps need something to watch.
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#7 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 04:38 PM

Indian CSRs are in India and don't need Dish to watch Indian channels.
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#8 OFFLINE   dragon342

dragon342

AllStar

• Registered
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:05 PM

HEHe!:D :grin: :hurah: It is nvr like that ! they might be a glued to their pc screen's with nerd glasses on!

#9 OFFLINE   Blowgun

Blowgun

Godfather

• Registered
  • 388 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:53 PM

Maybe that's the going rate, but I couldn't see spending $9.99 a month on a single channel, regardless of the content.

spam firewall