Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Blu-ray downloads

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   sdirv

sdirv

Icon

• Registered
  • 524 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 10:39 PM

Here in Phoenix, Qwest has changed over most of the city to it's fiber system, I've got 12mbps service for $43 a month, 20mbps runs about $55 a month or so.

I've got "VOD" through D*, a lot of it's content is HD but it's not true instant. Stuff d/l's to your DVR...but my progress bar turns green pretty quickly and I can start watching without bumping against the buffer.

Speed tests with the HD DVR indicates it's maxing out at about 6mbps (D*'s system limits from what I've been told).

Never had any problems streaming Netflix (HD and regular) to my PS3 (which is wired, via AC connect modules) or my newer BR player which is linked with my wifi (g).

Speed tests on the PS3 indicate its running 10+mbps, which is pretty much the actual limits of my 12mbps service.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,650 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 08:33 AM

The time it takes to download HD movies, even with many of the broadband connections people have.....can be daunting.

Some people do have very fast ISP connections and downloads speeds, but few have enough to make regular HD downloading a worthwhile experience.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

spam firewall