Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Can the HR20/HR21/HR22/HR23 stream H.264 or just MPEG2?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JonW

JonW

Icon

• Registered
  • 526 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:28 PM

My file server apparently isn't fast enough to decode and stream H.264 in real time using the likes of PlayOn PS3 Media Server, or TVersity, so, I was wondering if there were some tweaks I could make to the encoding of the video (change the profile, bit rate, etc) so that I could just play it back directly?

If not, it sure would be a nice feature.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 02:32 PM

The ONLY format currently supported for Media Share video playback is MPEG2-TS (transport stream). While the chipset built in the unit also supports decoding MPEG4/H.264 format, the software does not currently have any support for streaming media using that format, and no information on future support has been released.

#3 OFFLINE   thekochs

thekochs

Icon

• Registered
  • 908 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:33 PM

My file server apparently isn't fast enough to decode and stream H.264 in real time using the likes of PlayOn PS3 Media Server, or TVersity, so, I was wondering if there were some tweaks I could make to the encoding of the video (change the profile, bit rate, etc) so that I could just play it back directly?

If not, it sure would be a nice feature.

I'm sure you've seen but here is the How-To on Windows Media Share and how to put into TS file format. MPEG Streamclip does take in some MP4 formats....not sure what your H.264 file container is but you could use it to converst to MP2/TS format perhaps.
http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=148908
Input/Source Equipment
DirecTV Slimline 3-SWM Dish, (3x) HR23-700 w/DECA
Sony DVD DVP-NC85H/B Carousel
Samsung BDP1500 BluRay

Output Display Equipment
Sony VPL-HS20 PJ (1368x768) => Vutec 110" Screen
Samsung 63" Plasma HP-S6373 (1368x768)
Samsung 32" TFT LN-T3243H LCD TV (1368x768)
Sharp 37" TFT LC37D43U LCD TV (1368x768)

A/V Equipment
Yamaha RX-V650 Receiver
VideoStorm CMX84 8x4 Video/Audio Matrix Switch
http://www.video-sto....asp?prod=CMX84

spam firewall