Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Steven Spielberg,Stephen King team on 'Under the Dome'

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   jadebox

jadebox

Godfather

• Registered
  • 404 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

Well "The Dome" is exactly like the film "The Bubble" (aka "The Fantastic Invasion of Planet Earth" in 3D). It's a clone of it.

You know, when I was reading King's novel and the giant hand came down from the sky and grabbed one of the characters that was roaming around acting like a robot, I knew that the novel had to be an exact clone of a cheesy 1960s 3D movie ..... :sure:

-- Roger

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

Heck, even the Simpsons did it in their movie!

Posted Image

#23 OFFLINE   pablo

pablo

Icon

• Registered
  • 904 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

https://en.wikipedia.../Under_the_Dome

On September 15, 2009, Stephen King's official site posted a 61-page facsimile excerpt from King's original novel The Cannibals, consisting of the first four chapters of the original typescript.[33] A further 63 pages were posted on October 4. The excerpts served to also document how long ago King had had the idea of being under a dome:

Several Internet writers have speculated on a perceived similarity between Under the Dome and The Simpsons Movie, where, [...] Springfield is isolated inside a large glass dome [...]. I can’t speak personally to this, because I have never seen the movie, and the similarity came as a complete surprise to me...although I know, from personal experience, that the similarity will turn out to be casual. For the doubters, this excerpt [from The Cannibals] should demonstrate that I was thinking dome and isolation long before Homer, Marge, and their amusing brood came on the scene."

#24 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

But certainly not before "The Bubble" was produced and distributed worldwide. King was still in high school!

Folks don't mind repetition and theft of ideas. Look at "The Walking Dead". It's just an endless stream of barely warmed-over Romero. And don't even talk about vampires...

#25 OFFLINE   jadebox

jadebox

Godfather

• Registered
  • 404 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

But certainly not before "The Bubble" was produced and distributed worldwide. King was still in high school!

Are you just trolling? If so, you can thank me for falling for it. :-)

Anyway, have you read King's novel? Even a synopsis of it is enough to show that it has little in common with that film.

-- Roger

#26 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

Rahxephon, the Simpson's Movie, The Bubble, Robert R. McCammon's "Stinger", Joe Lansdale's "The Drive-In", etc etc etc, the dome is the oldest gag in the entire sci-fi/fantasy panoply. Tired, dated, plagiarized, trite and worn out, like all King's stuff.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...