Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

My picture keeps "blacking out" with sound - very annoying

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Sim-X

Sim-X

Godfather

• Registered
  • 381 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 03:44 PM

So this is starting to become very frequent. I am watching the vikings game on channel 9 kmsp here in Minneapolis and I get my hd feed from DTV. MULTIPLE times throughout the game my picture will go black (the sound will stay play) and it will stay black for 1-3 seconds and come back. It doesn't buuuuurrrp just goes black. This seems to happen every week. I haven't really noticed it on other channels except Fox 9. I watch the resolution lights on the box and they do not change at all when going black. I have reset before so not sure if this is a problem with the feed but it is starting to get old. I am using a HR22-100. Any ideas?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,263 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 22 November 2009 - 05:05 PM

Welcome to FOX. They do this in Milwaukee too. This has been happening for weeks.

BTW I hope you are enjoying Favre.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#3 OFFLINE   Wisegoat

Wisegoat

Icon

• Registered
  • 803 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:19 PM

I saw this today on an NFL game I was getting OTA from Mexico (generator screwed up, so no DirecTV). We were out in Glamis, and that was a channel I was able to pick up. It kept doing that all day. Wondered if it was me. Guess it might not have been. This was on the OTA tuner in the TV and not from DirecTV at all.

#4 OFFLINE   Tom_S

Tom_S

Icon

• Registered
  • 602 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 01:24 PM

I noticed this during the Giants game yesterday. It was always when going from a replay back to live coverage, it looked to be a problem at the source, not with DirecTV.
Panasonic 58PX60U
DirectTV HR34-700, HR24-500, H23-600

No OTA only Sat
AU9(Slimline) SL3 SWM Dish

All 3 receivers connected via DECA and bridged to 8-port Rosewill RC-410X Gigabit Switch.

#5 OFFLINE   Sim-X

Sim-X

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 381 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:14 PM

well glad it's not just me - It never did this when we had comcast. Is there someone we could contact to report the problem? My roommate just blames DirecTV cause he hates the pos box but I figured I would make a post and see if it was happening with anyone else. Did this just start this year?

#6 OFFLINE   Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,453 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:20 PM

Make sure to find your city in the HD Locals Broadcast Issues Forum and report the issue.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.

#7 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,661 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:24 PM

It's happening to me on FOX and CBS, and not just during games. Distinctly remember it happening most recently while watching recordings of Glee and Old Christine. Random 1-3 seconds of "black screen", but no loss of audio.
/steve

#8 OFFLINE   azarby

azarby

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,061 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:47 PM

So this is starting to become very frequent. I am watching the vikings game on channel 9 kmsp here in Minneapolis and I get my hd feed from DTV. MULTIPLE times throughout the game my picture will go black (the sound will stay play) and it will stay black for 1-3 seconds and come back. It doesn't buuuuurrrp just goes black. This seems to happen every week. I haven't really noticed it on other channels except Fox 9. I watch the resolution lights on the box and they do not change at all when going black. I have reset before so not sure if this is a problem with the feed but it is starting to get old. I am using a HR22-100. Any ideas?

Same problem watching the Cardinals on Fox10 here in Phoenix.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...