Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

LG 60" Plasma 60PS11 Any feedback?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Shardin

Shardin

Legend

• Registered
  • 186 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 09:47 AM

Any one have this display? Looks like a really good deal for $1,400 + $100 shipping from Newegg. Can't decide to pull the trigger.....

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16889005095

LG 60" 1080p 600Hz Plasma HDTV 60PS11
Original Price: $1,999.99
You Save: $600.00
$1,399.99
This ultra-large 60” LG 60PS11 Plasma HDTV brings theater quality, high resolution images right into your living room! The incredible 2,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio provides the sharpest images, and the LG Dual XD Engine boosts low-resolution analog signals and reduces signal noise, for near- HD-quality images even from analog sources! The built-in ATSC tuner lets you receive broadcast digital signals without a set-top box, so you have everything you need to get a bright, gorgeous picture.

The integrated audio system features invisible system speakers and a Dolby Digital decoder; 5-mode EZ Sound settings, as well as individual controls for Bass, Treble, and Balance; Auto Volume Leveler (AVL); and SRS TruSurround XT sound technology. You’ll have a soundscape customized to your environment, preferences, and media.

SimpLink technology allows for easy control of other SimpLink components over the HDMI connection, so you’ll have less remote to fumble with! The LG 60PS11 makes it so easy to have a cinema-quality experience without leaving your own comfy sofa!
The older I get...the faster I was....
Slimline 5 LNB 4/31/07, HR20-700 (RIP) HR21-100 08-08 (RIP) HR22-100 09-09, HDMI ,Samsung PN63B550 63" Plasma, Onkyo A/V Receiver 7.1 Dolby, wired network (Embarq 5.0Mb DSL) Using Win7 & WMP12 to stream media. Added Blue Ray 11-29, kinda like Netfilx...
HR21-100 08-08 (RIP) HR22-100 06-09 ->HDMI -> 50" Samsung 720P Plasma Wired Network, D* since 1998
Using Unsupported CAT5 Wholehome DVR

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Cholly

Cholly

Old Guys Rule!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,479 posts
  • LocationIndian Trail, NC

Posted 26 November 2009 - 09:59 AM

Although I'm a fan of Newegg, I wouln't buy this set or any other bigscreen TV on the web or mail order. Instead, check this excellent 58 inch Panasonic at Best Buy. http://www.bestbuy.c...GLE_9431279_TXT

#3 OFFLINE   Grentz

Grentz

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,916 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 10:28 AM

Its a decent set, Samsung and Panasonic are a bit better though overall.

IMO for plasmas (best to worst):
-Pioneer (now out of production and Panasonic bought their patents)
-Panasonic
-Samsung
-LG
-Other house brands

Sears has been having some crazy good deals on the Panasonic 54" S1:
http://www.sears.com...6000P?adCell=W3
-Grentz
Subscriber since Oct. 1996
HR21-700, HR22-100, H24-100 (SWM)
~Detailed Setup~

Directv Signal Strength Posting Tool - Excel Ver. Web Ver.

#4 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,092 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 26 November 2009 - 10:30 AM

Read about it here: http://www.avsforum....ighlight=60ps11
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#5 OFFLINE   TreyS

TreyS

Legend

• Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 10:39 AM

Best Buy has only one use..to see the TV you want in person...then buy online to save!! :D

Amazon has done me right over the years when buying large TVs. No complaints at all.

#6 OFFLINE   Grentz

Grentz

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,916 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 10:41 AM

Best Buy has only one use..to see the TV you want in person...then buy online to save!! :D

Amazon has done me right over the years when buying large TVs. No complaints at all.

Unless they are cheaper, which does happen on occasion with their TVs and sales. I was comparison shopping one of my TVs a few years back and BB actually had the lowest price at the time :eek2:
-Grentz
~Detailed Setup~

#7 OFFLINE   Movieman

Movieman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 10:50 AM

Its a decent set, Samsung and Panasonic are a bit better though overall.

IMO for plasmas (best to worst):
-Pioneer (now out of production and Panasonic bought their patents)
-Panasonic
-Samsung
-LG
-Other house brands

Sears has been having some crazy good deals on the Panasonic 54" S1:
http://www.sears.com...6000P?adCell=W3

I would say:
Samsung
LG
Panasonic

I too would not buy a tv like that online. I normally have printed the docs and taken them to BestBuy for a price guarantee.

#8 OFFLINE   Grentz

Grentz

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,916 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 10:53 AM

I would say:
Samsung
LG
Panasonic

I too would not buy a tv like that online. I normally have printed the docs and taken them to BestBuy for a price guarantee.

I am surprised you would say that, but each has their own opinion.

I was basing mine off the research I had done in the last few weeks looking for a new TV. The Samsungs are very nice, but have a lot more IR and some have extreme buzzing issues right now. The Panasonics seem to have the best resistance to IR, very very good picture quality after calibrating (easy to do with the settings people post over at AVSForum), and very good reliability.
-Grentz
~Detailed Setup~

#9 OFFLINE   Movieman

Movieman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 11:35 AM

I based it on brands that I have used and personal experience. Your research is going to be of better quality to the OP but there have been times that the reviews didnt match the experiences I have seen from personal use. I have had many different types of equipment and Sammy's seem to always give me the best overall performance. Not yet in TV's either.

#10 OFFLINE   Grentz

Grentz

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,916 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 11:59 AM

I based it on brands that I have used and personal experience. Your research is going to be of better quality to the OP but there have been times that the reviews didnt match the experiences I have seen from personal use. I have had many different types of equipment and Sammy's seem to always give me the best overall performance. Not yet in TV's either.

Ya, I love my Samsungs as well. Probably would have a Samsung plasma if it were not for all the buzzing issues reported right now and the fact of being more prone to IR (I am using the plasma in a bedroom where lots of video games are used so IR is of concern).
-Grentz
~Detailed Setup~

Protected By... spam firewall...And...