Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Landlord permission Question

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Shel

Shel

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 07:39 AM

My landlord said its OK, and the place says they have to have a letter from him saying so... He says there should be a form letter, the place says he should know what to say because he is a land lord so he should write the letter. So the long and the short is, I am getting nowhere because each wants the other to come up with a letter.

SO how about I write the letter... have him sign it!? I looked around online and couldnt find any form letters... anybody know what this letter should say....

I CAN have the dish, as long as it isnt mounted on the building, or anybody drills into the building

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

Your Neighborhood Liasion

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 08:37 AM

The letter doesn't need to say anything other than:

As owner of the property located at _________________, the resident,_____(you)_____, has my permission to install a satellite dish system on the premesis.

Signed by the landlord and dated...etc.

That's all you need.
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com
Your DBSTalk.Com Community Liaison to Dish Network

#3 Guest_AntAltMike_*

Guest_AntAltMike_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2003 - 10:02 AM

Here's an off-the wall commentary on landlord permission.

I just received a call from an apartment dweller who has her landlord's permission to plant a pole in cement in the lawn and run a coax on the outside of the building up to her third story apartment, but he will not give permission for her to attach the dish to her exterior wall.

And there is no misunderstanding here. She says that over half a dozen other residents already have their satellite antennas similarly installed.

Go figure.

#4 OFFLINE   Shel

Shel

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 11:07 AM

My landlord said its OK, and the place says they have to have a letter from him saying so... He says there should be a form letter, the place says he should know what to say because he is a land lord so he should write the letter. So the long and the short is, I am getting nowhere because each wants the other to come up with a letter.

SO how about I write the letter... have him sign it!? I looked around online and couldnt find any form letters... anybody know what this letter should say....

I CAN have the dish, as long as it isnt mounted on the building, or anybody drills into the building

Thanks...Ill type that up, have him sign and date it... try to get my dish ASAP :)

#5 OFFLINE   Lee L

Lee L

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 11:31 AM

Why the heck does the dealer need that? With the way the law is written, many apt installs are fine whether the landlord likes it or not and even then, just make the customer sign a form stating that they are authorized to have the dish installed and indemnify the sat company against any issues arising from the fact the dish was installed.

DirecTV, please don't make me have to go back to watching March Madness in standard Def! Oh, and the usual begging for AMC and BBC America. You are so close to actually being the HD Leader.

#6 OFFLINE   mattb

mattb

Legend

• Registered
  • 189 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 12:54 PM

Ive seen dishes mounted in yards the cable burried and ran to the apt... It dont happen where I live :( :( but Ive seen it at other complexes.. I was amazed that they would allow such a thing.. I guess the story sayz, there are some friendly landlords out there that care about making their renters happy.

#7 OFFLINE   Neil Derryberry

Neil Derryberry

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 01:31 PM

In the current economy, they'd better make renters happy!
Neil Derryberry, WD4NET
neil dot derryberry at gmail dot com

#8 OFFLINE   CrankyYankee

CrankyYankee

Mentor

• Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 September 2003 - 07:16 PM

The reason for this may stem from cable TV company installs. I worked for a major cable TV company and installers needed a "permission slip" from landlords before we could drill any additional holes in the building or the apartment for that matter. Some apartment owners would not let us install any more "extra outlets" than were
put in when cable was first installed. My guess is that the aparment owners just want to controll how many holes get drilled in their buildings.

spam firewall