Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Jokes about Tiger Woods

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   jerry downing

jerry downing

Godfather

• Registered
  • 525 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:31 PM

I heard that he's trading in the name "Tiger" for "Cheetah".

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   smiddy

smiddy

Tain't ogre til its ogre

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,284 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 06:10 AM

I saw a few at work I'll have to type in later today.
Aaron 'smiddy' Smith

#23 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,244 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:37 AM

Looks like someone has a Tiger by the tail! :P

Tiger got caught chasing his tail.

~ 12 Year Anniversary Month ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#24 OFFLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,904 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:44 AM

"Fore, honey, fore" "I said Fore!!"

#25 OFFLINE   smiddy

smiddy

Tain't ogre til its ogre

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,284 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 01:02 PM

The reason he hit a fire hydrant and a tree is he had a hard time deciding between an iron or a wood. :)
Aaron 'smiddy' Smith

#26 OFFLINE   d0m4in

d0m4in

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 09:41 AM

These are great.

#27 OFFLINE   dreadlk

dreadlk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:02 AM

These are great.

They are :nono2::nono2::nono2::nono2::nono2::nono2:

#28 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,651 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:36 AM

Sad situation...guess I don't share the same definition for "humor".
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#29 OFFLINE   smiddy

smiddy

Tain't ogre til its ogre

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,284 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:02 PM

Sad situation...guess I don't share the same definition for "humor".

Are you offended? :confused:
Aaron 'smiddy' Smith

#30 OFFLINE   rudeney

rudeney

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:30 PM

I can understand someone being offended by jokes at the expense of a normal, average citizen, even one who has done something wrong. But in the case of celebrities or politicians, I believe there is a different standard.

I believe sports celebrities are in an especially different class in this respect. Their ridiculously large paychecks are funded by us as consumers when we spend out hard earned wages to buy life's necessities. A large percentage of the revenue from our retail purchases goes toward advertising, and much of that money ends up in the world of sports.

Keep in mind that these sports figures don't actually do anything constructive in their "jobs". They simply entertain observers by playing games. Few of them qualify as role models, and many of them lead very dangerous lifestyles fueled by the quick cash and the power of celebrity.

I'm not saying that because of their celebrity status that these people deserve to be made fun of, just that I find it much less offensive to do so than I would if these were "real" people.

#31 OFFLINE   jodyguercio

jodyguercio

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:43 AM

I can understand someone being offended by jokes at the expense of a normal, average citizen, even one who has done something wrong. But in the case of celebrities or politicians, I believe there is a different standard.

I believe sports celebrities are in an especially different class in this respect. Their ridiculously large paychecks are funded by us as consumers when we spend out hard earned wages to buy life's necessities. A large percentage of the revenue from our retail purchases goes toward advertising, and much of that money ends up in the world of sports.

Keep in mind that these sports figures don't actually do anything constructive in their "jobs". They simply entertain observers by playing games. Few of them qualify as role models, and many of them lead very dangerous lifestyles fueled by the quick cash and the power of celebrity.

I'm not saying that because of their celebrity status that these people deserve to be made fun of, just that I find it much less offensive to do so than I would if these were "real" people.

But really why are athletes and performers considered celebrities to begin with? They are both just doing a "job" that they are more qualified than you or I to do. Do you think any of them could come to your place of employment and do your job? They couldn't do that with mine. Do you and I get dragged over the coals when we make a normal mistake? No we don't , why should they? Private lives should stay private, "famous" or not.
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown

LIVE SIMPLE, LOVE GENEROUSLY , CARE DEEPLY, SPEAK KINDLY AND LEAVE THE REST TO GOD

#32 OFFLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,904 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:12 AM

Have you heard the one about a tiger that walks into a club?

#33 OFFLINE   Ira Lacher

Ira Lacher

Icon

• Registered
  • 823 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:26 AM

Do you and I get dragged over the coals when we make a normal mistake? No we don't , why should they? Private lives should stay private, "famous" or not.

Seems though that they have agreed to pay the price for their idol-worship, unbelievably lavish lifestyles and beyond-belief wealth -- surrendering any claim to privacy.
-- Ira

================================================
"There are no solutions to complex problems" -- Stan Littman, longtime social studies teacher at The Bronx High School of Science

#34 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt...&a

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,259 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:37 AM

Have you heard the one about a tiger that walks into a club?

No..oh..DOH!
:D
Thanks to Google search, people can appear to be smarter than they really are.

#35 OFFLINE   rudeney

rudeney

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:30 PM

But really why are athletes and performers considered celebrities to begin with? They are both just doing a "job" that they are more qualified than you or I to do. Do you think any of them could come to your place of employment and do your job? They couldn't do that with mine. Do you and I get dragged over the coals when we make a normal mistake? No we don't , why should they? Private lives should stay private, "famous" or not.

The difference is that my salary is not funded by everyone why buys a product or service in the USA. Sports celebrity salaries are in effect funded by a hidden tax on the consuming public. Nearly every product or service we buy has some portion of the revenue earmarked for marketing that ends up in sports sponsorships.

#36 OFFLINE   dpfaunts

dpfaunts

Godfather

• Registered
  • 253 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:53 PM

Another way to look at this is the joke is not about tiger, just the situation. It happens with many celebrities. Think about Leno poking fun at Letterman's recent problems. It just an easy opportunity to make someone laugh, smile or chuckle at an otherwise unfortunate event.
Darryle

HR24-100 HDMI Samsung 85687W
HR22-100 Component Samsung HLN4365W
HR21-700 HDMI Vizio SV370XVT
HR20-100 SVID Panasonic CRT
SLIMLINE (SL3) SWM
DirecTV 8/98

#37 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt...&a

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,259 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:50 PM

Because we, the media, and their lifestyles make them celebrities, without that they would just be working stiffs. We are responsible. Sad, isn't it.:nono2:
Thanks to Google search, people can appear to be smarter than they really are.

#38 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:36 PM

There seems to be a new definition of the term '9 hole course'.
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#39 OFFLINE   jdh8668

jdh8668

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:55 PM

Just heard that Tiger Wood's wife Elin has come out with her own version of a driver. They're called the "Oh no you didn't" woods designed for professional golfer's wives whose husbands play more than 18.

#40 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,972 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:05 PM

The difference is that my salary is not funded by everyone why buys a product or service in the USA. Sports celebrity salaries are in effect funded by a hidden tax on the consuming public. Nearly every product or service we buy has some portion of the revenue earmarked for marketing that ends up in sports sponsorships.

That is why I try to not buy anything from a sponsor of Jeff Gordon or Jimmie Johnson.:eek2:

spam firewall