Welcome to DBSTalk
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members.
Bad Luck or What?
Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:00 AM
Posted 06 December 2009 - 03:25 PM
Check your grounding, it may also be a lnb problem, itmay be a problem with your household power.
Many people have reported multiple replacements of VIP DVR receivers with the same failure, that points to other factors other than the reciever as the culprit.
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD
Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!
Posted 06 December 2009 - 03:48 PM
Posted 06 December 2009 - 09:49 PM
Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:53 PM
1) Heat. Is your DVR in an enclosed cabinet. If so, need to figure out if you are getting some heat build up. Does it have plenty of space. Is it sitting on top of an AVReceiver etc.
2) Electrical? - Covered above. UPS or power conditionar.
3) External influences - possible a bad LNB or something else in your wiring.
4) User is performing a use case that others are not doing resulting in the issue. Some people have had issues with having lots of Dish Passes (40+) or lots of timers event 550+.
It is one thing to get a couple of DVRs that exhibit different issues, it is another to keep experiencing the same thing. If you have swapped out multiple times and are seeing these same things I suggest at external influences like above that might be cause the box to not be stable.
In general the 722 is a very stable box.
Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:38 AM
Heat, could be but my first 622 lasted for years then my upgraded 722 again for about a year.. then bam... I even moved equipment away on this latest install and it died after 24 hours. My rack is not closed...
bad wiring or LNB?? could be something went bad.. how to tell is the question.. Disk just runs through the usual reboot items.. does the check switch find these?
I do have some timers but I keep about 20 new program timers going.. that should not do it.. I hope...
The strange thing is when I do a sys info screen the HDD comes up green on this newest unit...even boots normal sometimes but show the dreaded screen after a few hours..
Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:36 PM
Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:38 PM
Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:32 PM
Yamaha RX-V663 DD 7.1
Soon to be Hopper/Joey System