Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

VIP722 Remote Learn from other Remote

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   petersra

petersra

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:33 AM

I have a VIP722 and am trying to get the "Learn from other remote" function to work as outlined on pages 80-81 of the manual.

I am trying to program one of the four horizontal buttons on the remote (above the Dish on Demand button)

First, I set up the device code for the DVD mode button. Then I use the Recall and Record buttons to learn my other remote's code.

When complete, I do get a button to work for the other remote. However, the original device code is lost for the DVD button.

Rob

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   hawker152

hawker152

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 12:12 PM

you cant have a default remote code saved and a learned IR command on a mode button at the same time unfortunately my man

#3 OFFLINE   petersra

petersra

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 04:58 PM

Well, you did not read my post very well. I was not trying to have two commands on the same mode button.

The whole idea here is to allow a VIP722 remote to lean functions from -- say a DVD remove, where the VIP722 does not have -- for example "Tray open". So, you program the DVD mode button and then get the VIP722 to learn the Tray open code and tie that to some "other non mode" button on the remote.

Turns out that someone else noted the problem and the solution: The four horizontal function keys can not be reprogrammed since their main mode buttons in themselves. So, if you use some other button it works correcty.

"you cant have a default remote code saved and a learned IR command on a mode button at the same time unfortunately my man.."

#4 OFFLINE   SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 05:32 PM

Well, you did not read my post very well. ...

I think that can be said about a lot of us. :grin:

#5 OFFLINE   langlin

langlin

Godfather

• Registered
  • 369 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:34 PM

I have a VIP722 and am trying to get the "Learn from other remote" function to work as outlined on pages 80-81 of the manual.

I am trying to program one of the four horizontal buttons on the remote (above the Dish on Demand button)

First, I set up the device code for the DVD mode button. Then I use the Recall and Record buttons to learn my other remote's code.

When complete, I do get a button to work for the other remote. However, the original device code is lost for the DVD button.

Rob

I found that you must set the device code AND learn the new button all in one session, if not it will erase the device code when you go back in to add a button.
Sending pictures through the air is impossible, Television will never work!

Leon
Dish VIP722K
SW L6.62 Sat 1000 and 500 61.5/110/119/129
AbsoluteHD
Monitor Toshiba TW65x81 Component and Samsung HL-T7288W
Other Dish VIP612 SW L6.09

#6 OFFLINE   petersra

petersra

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:40 AM

Leon,

So you press the mode button, key in the 3 character code, hit # and then recall, record, ......?

Rob

#7 OFFLINE   FastNOC

FastNOC

Godfather

• Registered
  • 409 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 04:37 PM

question.i have a 722. I looked in the manual to learn how to program the remote with my ROKU stuff. But it refers to a window on the side of the remote that does not exist.

I assumed that meant my remote isn't capable of learning. is that correct? I wonder whyt the online manual shows it but i don't have it.

#8 OFFLINE   ChuckA

ChuckA

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 05:15 PM

Do you have a 722 or 722k? You need a 20.0 or 21.0 or something newer remote. Those were delivered with the 722k. If you have the standard 722 and its remotes you don't have a learning remote.
Receivers: ViP622 (dual mode), ViP722k (single mode), 311
Dish 1000
America's "Everything" Pack & HD
TV1: SONY 55" KDF-55WF655; HDMI & Components connections
OTA Antenna in attic
PocketDish AV700E

#9 OFFLINE   langlin

langlin

Godfather

• Registered
  • 369 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 08:10 PM

Leon,

So you press the mode button, key in the 3 character code, hit # and then recall, record, ......?

Rob

Rob, after you've found a code that works for the device, you then program that code in. now press and release "recall" and then press and hold RECORD for 3 seconds. you can now "learn" by first pressing the button on the DISH remote you wnat to "teach" and then press and hold the button on the original remote you want to "Learn". when you've learned all you want, press any mode button on the DISH control and it will save your work. Good luck.

Here's a link that might help. Look at step 4 on page 9. ( I'm assuming you mean 722k)

http://www.dishnetwo...del21Manual.pdf

Leon
Dish VIP722K
AbsoluteHD

#10 OFFLINE   petersra

petersra

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:44 AM

Thanks Leon,

The sequence you describe does not work for my 722K remote. Here are the steps I have tried.

1. Press and hold AUX mode key till all mode buttons are lit.
2. key in 2 640
3. press #
4. press recall
5. press and hold RECORD for 3 seconds

At this point, the AUX mode button should light up -- but it does not. I have tried not doing #3 above and same situation.

Rob

#11 OFFLINE   langlin

langlin

Godfather

• Registered
  • 369 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 01:24 PM

Thanks Leon,

The sequence you describe does not work for my 722K remote. Here are the steps I have tried.

1. Press and hold AUX mode key till all mode buttons are lit.
2. key in 2 640
3. press #
4. press recall
5. press and hold RECORD for 3 seconds

At this point, the AUX mode button should light up -- but it does not. I have tried not doing #3 above and same situation.

Rob

Sounds like your doing it right, Rob, using that proceedure works for me so you may have a defective control. I use the AUX to control a Philips Streamium network music player NP2500 since my Samsung DVD is also the Home Theater Audio system and all of it programmed fine and works perfectly. I have programmed a 20.0 as well as the 21.0.

Leon
Dish VIP722K
AbsoluteHD

Protected By... spam firewall...And...