Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

are new XBOX 360's quieter?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   gitarzan

gitarzan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 401 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:28 PM

My XBOX 360 manufactured in Jan. 2005 is very loud. Not just the DVD but the case fans are very noisy. The loud fans and DVD keep me from using it for anything but loud games. I would replace it if the new ones were quiet and to get HDMI out. I am just a casual XBOX user and have tried searching XBOX forums on the subject but I can't find a clear answer. I would like to get one of the black Elite models. Thanks in advance for any help.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Grentz

Grentz

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,916 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:59 PM

I had one of the very first Xbox 360s and now have a Jasper (latest version).

It is much quieter all around although still not silent by any means. The disk drive in particular is much quieter though and the whole system runs a lot cooler. I cannot hear it at all over games/videos.
-Grentz
Subscriber since Oct. 1996
HR21-700, HR22-100, H24-100 (SWM)
~Detailed Setup~

Directv Signal Strength Posting Tool - Excel Ver. Web Ver.

#3 OFFLINE   tgater

tgater

Godfather

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:32 PM

I have the Elite, all of my gear for the Master Bedroom Suite is located in a closet so noise for me is not an issue. It does have HDMI out so no other adapters are required. As far as the noise I can't help you cause this is my first system for me. The Wii, PSP's and all of the others have been for the kids.

#4 OFFLINE   gitarzan

gitarzan

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 401 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 08:03 PM

Hooked up my new Elite 360 tonight. Not completely silent but very tolerable.

Now I need to figure out how to transfer Guitar Hero achievements and scores to new system. Do I need to buy something for that? I got logged on to XBOX live with my ID but that didn't do it.

thanks for the help!

#5 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:49 PM

Move them to a flash drive, then copy them to new system

#6 OFFLINE   LlenB2520

LlenB2520

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 01:52 PM

Yeah i got an XBOX Elite secretly hoping it would quieter than my original 360. But the elite isnt much quieter, when a game is loading it sounds like an effin' hovercraft. :mad:

#7 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 01:55 PM

I have an original - day one unit.

I basically copy my current game to the hard drive, and that goes a LONG way to keeping it quiet.

With the stereo and/or head phones, I really don't here the fans until I am shutting the system down.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#8 OFFLINE   vollmey

vollmey

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:08 PM

I have an original - day one unit.

I basically copy my current game to the hard drive, and that goes a LONG way to keeping it quiet.

With the stereo and/or head phones, I really don't here the fans until I am shutting the system down.

Yes, that's how you keep the 360's as quiet as they can be, load the games to the Hard Drive.
Dave

Protected By... spam firewall...And...