Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DIRECTV HD Channel Anticipation (Official Q1 2010 Thread)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2629 replies to this topic

#2621 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:55 PM

The only people D* needs to apologize to over ESPN-U HD is ESPN.

Are you kidding? You're basically saying that there's nothing wrong with a company saying that they will do something, and then not saying a word when they realize it's not going to happen. That's ridiculous. DirecTV deserves the criticism they've gotten for this, because they screwed up.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2622 OFFLINE   tcusta00

tcusta00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:59 PM

Why the heck would you think I was saying that it's all unreliable? :rolleyes:

Because he's harsh and he has to play the antagonist no matter the situation. What, are you new here? !rolling

#2623 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:02 PM

If D12 goes live a few weeks into Q2 and ESPNU HD is added...no one will care about "broken promises." :rolleyes:

Once again...ESPNU HD was obviously tied to D12. D12 was delayed, therefore ESPNU HD was delayed. It's not as simple as flipping a switch. Waiting for D12 was probably part of the agreement all along. Not that it matters much. Those who prefer to complain will continue to do so no matter the circumstances.
DTV = Digital Television

#2624 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:06 PM

Once again...ESPNU HD was obviously tied to D12.

We know that now. How does Joe Sixpack know that? The press release made it out to be unconditional. Hell, even on this site a lot of people (myself included) believed they'd launch it before D12.

I cannot believe the apologists on this. DirecTV screwed up, people have every right to be a little angry about it.

#2625 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:25 PM

We know that now. How does Joe Sixpack know that? The press release made it out to be unconditional. Hell, even on this site a lot of people (myself included) believed they'd launch it before D12.

I cannot believe the apologists on this. DirecTV screwed up, people have every right to be a little angry about it.

...how many Joe Sixpack's read DirecTV press releases? I'd hardly call the potential for launching it a mere few weeks outside of Q1 something worthy of anger. We are not talking about a substantial delay here. Regardless, plans change for various reasons. Getting angry about it does very little good. The folks who are truly upset will change providers. The rest will post in this thread...something that will have very little to no effect. Let's not act as if you were promised a life-saving medical procedure by the end of Q1 and it was then delayed. It's a TV channel. You're paying a service provider for service that is always subject to change.

You can call me or anyone else here and apologist all you want. We simply look at the facts for what they are and focus on the reality of these situations. The alternative is to get caught up in the hooting and hollering, grab a pitch fork, and storm the gates. Many here act as if ESPNU HD and various premiums were "promised" and then not delievered just to tick them off...as if it were a personal attack.

If someone wants to watch a commercial or read a press release and then behave as if they have just heard the voice of God himself...more power to them. I suppose I have just been around "official statements" far too long to ever forget that sometimes things change and plans must be altered. Just because you pay for a service does not mean that you are owed an explanation. I'm sorry, but that just isn't how the world works.
DTV = Digital Television

#2626 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 17,829 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:29 PM

Obviously, something stated as fact by a Mod is a fact.

Perhaps you give the mods too much credit.

Why the heck would you think I was saying that it's all unreliable?

Because you said as much.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#2627 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 17,829 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:54 PM

Filing public documents with the FCC (which are accessible to anyone with a web browser) is hardly "sweeping under the rug." :nono:

Finding said documents and correctly interpreting them is a pretty tall order. The FCC documents database can be held high as a model for preventing easy access to pertinent information.

Then we have today's application that asks for an extension, but it appears to include no dates nor time intervals (box 7).

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#2628 OFFLINE   LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,290 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:39 AM

And So this thread sails finally into the sunset... gone but not forgotten!

I am doing the Snoopy Happy Dance!
Larry R. Flowers
Winder (Atlanta) GA
Twitter @larryflowers
HR20-700 HR23-700 H24-100
1st DirecTV Receiver Install Nov 1994
i'm a PC Guy

#2629 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:45 AM

Bye, bye Q1.

Looking forward to a VERY productive Q2. :)

DirecTV: Genie, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/35)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

DirecTV HD Channel Listing - 2011 DBSTalk HD Poll - 2010 DBSTalk HD Poll - Satellite & National HD Alerts

#2630 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,791 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:29 AM

Perhaps you give the mods too much credit.Because you said as much.

Let me reword that...If a Mod states they know something for a fact..... :rolleyes:

µß
If you don't want to do sub-models at least do the new equipment...I'm just sayin'
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

spam firewall