Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

CSN Bay Area/California

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   BlackHitachi

BlackHitachi

Godfather

• Registered
  • 326 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 04:32 AM

I just checked out the SF Giants TV Schedule on CSN Bay Area's website and it lists ALL (136) the games televised as being in HD.....

Giant's CSN Bay Area TV Schedule

Last season they only had a handful and had the (*) next to some that said Fiber Only......so I don't know if that gives any hope :D

Well since my A's went to CSN California and i am not allowed to watch there games anymore i guess I'll be a Giants fan. That being said i sure hope it's in HD for us!
3 HR23-700,1 R22-100, 2 AM21, 5LNB Slimline dish PREMIER NFL SUNDAY TICKET

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   chevyguy559

chevyguy559

Fresno State Bulldog!

• Registered
  • 710 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 14 February 2010 - 02:20 PM

Well since my A's went to CSN California and i am not allowed to watch there games anymore i guess I'll be a Giants fan.

Good choice!! :lol:

DirecTV Subscriber Since 11/2008
Choice Ultimate - HD Extra - RZC
(2) HR22-100
(1) HR22-100 (Owned)
(1) HR21-100 (Owned)

#23 OFFLINE   Bassball23bb

Bassball23bb

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:48 PM

This is absolute bulls**t!!!! Comcast gets us all hopped up thinking every Giants game is going to be on in HD when so far, only 1 out of the 4 games this season have been in HD.

If the home opener isn't in HD then what will be?

I'd complain to Directv but apparently that makes no difference!

The game is also going to shown on MLB Network in HD but i'm sure it will be blacked out!

:mad::mad:

#24 OFFLINE   mark h

mark h

AllStar

• Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 11:46 AM

This is absolute bulls**t!!!! Comcast gets us all hopped up thinking every Giants game is going to be on in HD when so far, only 1 out of the 4 games this season have been in HD.

If the home opener isn't in HD then what will be?

I'd complain to Directv but apparently that makes no difference!

The game is also going to shown on MLB Network in HD but i'm sure it will be blacked out!

:mad::mad:

Complain to D* its their fault.:mad:

mark

#25 OFFLINE   sum_random_dork

sum_random_dork

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 892 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 09:25 PM

There is a good explanation of the fiber issue and D*/CSN on the AVS fourms scroll down to caliwxdude. As I have said before both D* and CSN seem to be saying things will happen "soon." What soon is we don't know but they are both giving the same response which leads me to think something is in the works they just don't have an exact date. Maybe it's involving D12 maybe it's not. Only those on the inside know all the specifics.

#26 OFFLINE   sum_random_dork

sum_random_dork

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 892 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 02:49 PM

Big #'s growth for both the A's and Giants to open the season, the Giants were up 22% over last years opening day...while the A's were up 66% over last years opening day...a real shock considering it was against the NCAA final game. I think part of the issue last year for the A's was people didn't have a good idea of where CSN CA was, now they've been there for a year and it's easier to find.

#27 OFFLINE   Bassball23bb

Bassball23bb

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 06:27 PM

Somebody pinch me, I must be dreaming! I never thought I'd see the day, but it's true; CSN BA on 696-1 is gone and now 696 is full time HD!!!

:lol:

#28 OFFLINE   BlackHitachi

BlackHitachi

Godfather

• Registered
  • 326 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:12 PM

Somebody pinch me, I must be dreaming! I never thought I'd see the day, but it's true; CSN BA on 696-1 is gone and now 696 is full time HD!!!

:lol:

AND CSNCA!! Also i get to watch the Giants and MY A'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

#29 OFFLINE   sum_random_dork

sum_random_dork

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 892 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 11:08 PM

We get to see everying in glorious HD, I watched Chronicle Live tonight and could see the new W's logo clearly! Quite a happy day in my family seeing our beloved local teams in HD all the time now.

#30 OFFLINE   BlackHitachi

BlackHitachi

Godfather

• Registered
  • 326 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:43 AM

We get to see everying in glorious HD, I watched Chronicle Live tonight and could see the new W's logo clearly! Quite a happy day in my family seeing our beloved local teams in HD all the time now.

Very nice LOGO!!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...