Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Injunction issued in Cox, WPGA feud; station to stay on air next month

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jtaylor1

Jtaylor1

Legend

• Registered
  • 193 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 06:14 PM

And now WPGA is being dropped from DirecTV on New Years Day. Lowell Register thinks he'll promote his station through Dish. I don't think E* will ever continue carrying his station, if they decide not to.

LR is definitely going to lose his station.

Injunction issued in Cox, WPGA feud; station to stay on air next month

Source: The Sun News

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Jerry Springer

Jerry Springer

Mentor

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 05:16 PM

What I am wondering is if they are talking about their sub channels and not their primary channel.

No matter what programming your carry, you have a mission that you have to uphold to keep your license. So many hours a week of children s programming and news to stay on air.

#3 OFFLINE   LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,290 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 07:26 PM

Lowell Register considers ABC programming to "racy" and has decided not to carry it.

Another Macon TV station, WGXA, will pick up the ABC programming on a digital subchannel.

Mr. Register is apparently a man of his convictions and is certainly entitled to do whatever he wants with a station he owns, however the price for his convictions may be very high with no cable or sat service carrying the station virtually guaranteeing he won't survive.
Larry R. Flowers
Winder (Atlanta) GA
Twitter @larryflowers
HR20-700 HR23-700 H24-100
1st DirecTV Receiver Install Nov 1994
i'm a PC Guy

#4 OFFLINE   Jon Ellis

Jon Ellis

Godfather

• Registered
  • 267 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 10:32 AM

No matter what programming your carry, you have a mission that you have to uphold to keep your license. So many hours a week of children s programming and news to stay on air.

There is no requirement that stations carry news or public affairs programming. The only programming requirement is a few hours of Educational/Instructional (E/I) programming. Stations are required to "serve the public interest" and put an "issues/program list" in their public file quarterly, but there's nothing spelling out how one "serves the public interest."

#5 OFFLINE   Jtaylor1

Jtaylor1

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 193 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:15 PM

Lowell Register considers ABC programming to "racy" and has decided not to carry it.

Another Macon TV station, WGXA, will pick up the ABC programming on a digital subchannel.

Mr. Register is apparently a man of his convictions and is certainly entitled to do whatever he wants with a station he owns, however the price for his convictions may be very high with no cable or sat service carrying the station virtually guaranteeing he won't survive.

I found some good news on the AVS Forum. Someone said that ABC 16 is going to be on DirecTV channel 25. Shoudn't D* have it on channel 16 instead of 25?

#6 OFFLINE   LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,290 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:40 PM

I found some good news on the AVS Forum. Someone said that ABC 16 is going to be on DirecTV channel 25. Shoudn't D* have it on channel 16 instead of 25?

Just be glad they got it handled...
Larry R. Flowers
Winder (Atlanta) GA
Twitter @larryflowers
HR20-700 HR23-700 H24-100
1st DirecTV Receiver Install Nov 1994
i'm a PC Guy

#7 OFFLINE   Todd H

Todd H

Legend

• Registered
  • 222 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:37 PM

They haven't got it handled just yet. Right now they're just showing WPGA on 25 too in addition to 58. Maybe by tomorrow it will all be straightened out.

#8 OFFLINE   Jtaylor1

Jtaylor1

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 193 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 12:03 AM

58 is gone now. But 25 is still showing a movie from ThisTV.

Update: Channel 25 is now showing ABC 16.

Edited by Jtaylor1, 01 January 2010 - 01:11 AM.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...