Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DT Code For A Curtis Tv

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MsDee123

MsDee123

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 07:47 AM

First I hope I'm posting this in the right thread, but can someone PLEASE HELP!!!! I bought two curtis tv's for the bedrooms and can't find DT codes for this tv. Does anyone have here know of a code that will work for this tv. By the way, this is a just a Curtis Tv and not a Curtis Mathis Tv. I have tried many code numbers but nothing works. Also the remote I have has no numbers in the upper left hand corner of the DT remote. So I have no idea which remote it is. I would guess a really old remote and box. One more thing any clues on how you get ask/get for a free HD DVR box. I just got a
37" vizio for my bedroom and would love a new free HD DVR box, right now I just have a standard box for all bedrooms and one DVR-R15 in the living room. Sorry I'm just rambling on but I really do need help on finding a code for the Curtis Tv's.

Thank you so very much,
Diane

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Knowledge

Knowledge

AllStar

• Registered
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 08:06 AM

First I hope I'm posting this in the right thread, but can someone PLEASE HELP!!!! I bought two curtis tv's for the bedrooms and can't find DT codes for this tv. Does anyone have here know of a code that will work for this tv. By the way, this is a just a Curtis Tv and not a Curtis Mathis Tv. I have tried many code numbers but nothing works. Also the remote I have has no numbers in the upper left hand corner of the DT remote. So I have no idea which remote it is. I would guess a really old remote and box. One more thing any clues on how you get ask/get for a free HD DVR box. I just got a
37" vizio for my bedroom and would love a new free HD DVR box, right now I just have a standard box for all bedrooms and one DVR-R15 in the living room. Sorry I'm just rambling on but I really do need help on finding a code for the Curtis Tv's.

Thank you so very much,
Diane

The following code is the most popular for your brand. 11531

Up in the top right hand corner they should be a Model # for your remote. That info would be useful.

As for your free HD/DVR December/January is not the time to ask D* for free stuff. Even the threat of canceling is not a good route. Many CSR's will call your bluff, even if you don't have a commitment.

1 HR23-700 (owned)networked hard wired
1 R16-500 (owned)
3 D12-500 (owned)
SWiM Networked
Comcast 10Mb connection (Grandfathered in at $25)
40in 1080p Toshiba Regza HDMI

#3 OFFLINE   MsDee123

MsDee123

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 08:12 AM

Up in the top right hand corner they should be a Model # for your remote. That info would be useful

I tried that code and it didn't work, also there is no Model # for my remote none on the right hand corner or left hand corner. What should I do????:confused:

#4 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 08:39 AM

Up in the top right hand corner they should be a Model # for your remote. That info would be useful

I tried that code and it didn't work, also there is no Model # for my remote none on the right hand corner or left hand corner. What should I do????:confused:

No number in upper left corner of remote is usually a R16 first generation of Directv remotes. Remove the battery cover and I think the remote number was inside. Curtis sounds like a cheap Chinese brand made as a house brand for someone like Walmart, code search has the best chance of finding a working code but you need the newest remote to have the most possible codes.:)

#5 OFFLINE   Knowledge

Knowledge

AllStar

• Registered
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 09:31 AM

No number in upper left corner of remote is usually a R16 first generation of Directv remotes. Remove the battery cover and I think the remote number was inside. Curtis sounds like a cheap Chinese brand made as a house brand for someone like Walmart, code search has the best chance of finding a working code but you need the newest remote to have the most possible codes.:)

Agreed. Code search is your best option, and an older remote is going to ave a lesser chance of working. Of course if you do the upgrade for the HD/DVR you get a new remote:D

1 HR23-700 (owned)networked hard wired
1 R16-500 (owned)
3 D12-500 (owned)
SWiM Networked
Comcast 10Mb connection (Grandfathered in at $25)
40in 1080p Toshiba Regza HDMI

#6 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 10,808 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 27 December 2009 - 09:32 AM

Some options...
1. Get a universal learning remote that can control both your TV and the DirecTV equipment.
2. Get the very newest DirecTV remote (as noted above, each new model incorporates more codes than earlier models). Unfortunately, you have no way to know in advance if a particular remote will or will not support your TV.
3. Live with two remotes (one for TV, one for DirecTV).

#7 OFFLINE   sore_bluto

sore_bluto

Godfather

• Registered
  • 440 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:59 AM

Try all of the Sylvania and RCA codes. The Curtis website lists those brands as well.
HR20-700 + OTA, HR20-700, HR24-200, R15-300, 5LNB Ka/Ku AU9-S

#8 ONLINE   R0am3r

R0am3r

Legend

• Registered
  • 153 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:27 PM

Try all of the Sylvania and RCA codes. The Curtis website lists those brands as well.

Anyone have luck with the Sylvania or RCA codes on a Curtis LCD? I'm looking for a remote code for a LCD2424A.

#9 OFFLINE   davring

davring

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,378 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:56 PM

I have encountered a couple of off brand sets in the past and tried codes in the setup list that had Chinese names. Took a few tries, but I was successful.
HR20-700(2.0TB)>Sony XBR-55HX929
HR20-700>Sony KDL40V2500
OTA RS outdoor ant
Hardwire networked to Cysco Router 6.0 AT&T DSL
MRV enabled
R15-500>Samsung LNT2342H
DirecTV customer since 1997

#10 OFFLINE   dmpaul1

dmpaul1

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:12 PM

A search for Curtis LCD2424A on the Direct TV web site lists a code of 11326

#11 ONLINE   R0am3r

R0am3r

Legend

• Registered
  • 153 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:10 PM

A search for Curtis LCD2424A on the Direct TV web site lists a code of 11326

dmpaul1 - Thanks for the reply. I too tried this and the code does not work. Oh well, maybe with time I will find a code that works for this set.

spam firewall