Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Could this be a software version issue?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   plugplay

plugplay

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:41 AM

HI,

I had a Directv receiver die and decided to try and hook up my old DSR6000 in the meantime to replace it. I have an HR22 also setup. I am using an SL3 as the lnb/switch. The software on the DSR6000 is 3.1. I am not able to detect any signal on any line, even though my HR22 has no signal issues at all. Was there a software update that was required to use the newer LNB? Thank you very much.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,874 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:47 AM

:welcome_s to DBSTalk!

Is this a regular Slimline 3 or a Slimline 3 with SWM? If it has a SWM, I don't think that DSR6000 is going to work for you.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   plugplay

plugplay

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:56 AM

I just figurered it out... Stupid me hooked it up wrong. It does work. Thank you very much though.

#4 ONLINE   ndole

ndole

Problem Solver

• Registered
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 03:18 PM

Don't feel bad. Seriously.
You really wouldn't believe the number of service calls I've been to where all I did was move the Satellite cable from "out to TV" or "Antenna In" to "Satellite in".
"He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else."

Protected By... spam firewall...And...