Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Fox Soccer Channel in HD (When on Dish?)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
81 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   johnstred

johnstred

AllStar

• Registered
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:06 AM

FSC is launching in HD in January: http://msn.foxsports...oxsoccer/europe. Any ideas when Dish will add this HD channel? Knowing well their speed on adding new HD, this may be a long wait....

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,169 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 12:52 PM

FSC is launching in HD in January: http://msn.foxsports...oxsoccer/europe. Any ideas when Dish will add this HD channel? Knowing well their speed on adding new HD, this may be a long wait....

Maybe in March. They're adding 30 HD channels in March, or so they say.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#3 OFFLINE   baggio16

baggio16

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 09:30 AM

With how poor the picture quality is on the standard definition channel, I hope it's sooner than later. :)

#4 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,117 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:08 PM

Maybe in March. They're adding 30 HD channels in March, or so they say.

You've mentioned this before, and I'll ask again...how? Did a new sat secretly shoot up?
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#5 OFFLINE   fsquid

fsquid

Godfather

• Registered
  • 339 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, FL

Posted 01 January 2010 - 02:37 PM

after seeing the ESPN games in HD this year from across the pond, hurry the feck up!

#6 OFFLINE   PBowie

PBowie

Legend

• Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:53 AM

The sooner the better- The most supported sports club on the planet in HD !! (Manchester United) !

Wonder what will happen to Setanta USA after this year??

ID love to see GOL TV back too

#7 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 04:27 PM

The sooner the better- The most supported sports club on the planet in HD !! (Manchester United) !

Wonder what will happen to Setanta USA after this year??

ID love to see GOL TV back too

I would pay for Setanta yr round if it was in HD.

#8 OFFLINE   siwsiw

siwsiw

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:05 AM

Use this link to request the channel after entering your zip code and provider.

http://foxsoccer.cha...et/start-v2.asp

#9 OFFLINE   fsquid

fsquid

Godfather

• Registered
  • 339 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:00 PM

Setanta US might not even last to the end of this week.

#10 OFFLINE   AlexT

AlexT

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:53 AM

For what it’s worth (and I certainly don’t have any updates on a timeline for any changes/additions to Dish Network’s offerings to subscribers), below is a portion of the transcript of my chat with an online rep from yesterday. I had initially asked if Dish Network had plans to offer FSCHD, and if FSCHD would be included as part of the dishHD Absolute package.

(03) Dish Online Chat Rep: We are planning for that.
(03) Dish Online Chat Rep: As of now, we don't have updates on that.
(03) Dish Online Chat Rep: You can e-mail us at feedback@customermail.dishnetwork.com for any feedback and customer service issues.
(03) Dish Online Chat Rep: As you are a valued customer, I can place a request on your behalf.

Me: Planning for FSC-HD, or planning for FSC-HD as part of the dishHD Absolute package?
(03) Dish Online Chat Rep: Planning for FSC -HD as part of dishHD Absolute pack.

The clear answer seems to be that Dish Network is “Planning for FSC -HD as part of dishHD Absolute pack.
Again, take this info for what it is worth – as certainly this documented conversation could be meaningless, uninformed or subject to change.

Any other Dish subscribers are of course welcome to instigate a similar online chat to see what else can or cannot be learned about FSCHD coming to Dish Network.

Edited by AlexT, 06 January 2010 - 10:17 AM.

#11 OFFLINE   jorossian

jorossian

Legend

• Registered
  • 198 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:56 PM

Any news on this? Anyone?

This is VERY important to me. I hope dish doesn't drop the ball on this being such a big provider to international clients.

#12 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:28 PM

Any news on this? Anyone?

This is VERY important to me. I hope dish doesn't drop the ball on this being such a big provider to international clients.

We can all just hope and wait that soon, really means SOON, as before the start of the world cup, at the Latest.

#13 OFFLINE   fsquid

fsquid

Godfather

• Registered
  • 339 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:11 AM

Hopefully, we will get the Fox Soccer Plus channel also that is launching on March 1.

#14 OFFLINE   siwsiw

siwsiw

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 09:06 AM

FSC in HD is available in Dishnetwork as of yesterday. They just need to flip the switch so they can pass it to their customers.

#15 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:15 AM

FSC in HD is available in Dishnetwork as of yesterday. They just need to flip the switch so they can pass it to their customers.

NOW that is really good news.

#16 OFFLINE   renpar61

renpar61

Legend

• Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:49 AM

Does this mean we will be able to watch Sunday's Serie A games in HD?
:):):)

#17 OFFLINE   janko

janko

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 11:14 AM

As you can all see,FSC already started their HD,the logo on the right corner is there,now as far as i know,channel is beeing tested
(on Dish),it means its uplinked and i hope they are gonna turn it on soon..
And if i understand,Setanta will be replaced by new FSC+ HD channel on march and the first day there will be 6 games from 4 different leagues all in HD on this channel.We have to wait and see,but is should be a good year for us soccer fans...:D

#18 OFFLINE   jorossian

jorossian

Legend

• Registered
  • 198 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 04:41 PM

Does this mean we will be able to watch Sunday's Serie A games in HD?
:):):)

This is my main goal as well. If so, such a shame we missed, by one week, the opportunity to see the Inter Milan/A.C. Milan showdown.

I love Serie A. Forza Juve, Forza Palermo. Although I still love to watch AC Milan (as they currently play the most attractive football in Seria A), hate in Inter (filthy thieves! :) but respect to Zanetti - true class), and love Fiorentina, Roma, Udinese, Napoli, Genoa, the new Super Bari, Sampdoria, Parma etc.

No league, IMO has a stronger mid and bottom table. Sure every league will have it's top 3 or 4 who buy every money player available, but the Serie A has an exceptionally talented lower tier that with no real pushovers. Serie B is a great league as well. They need to fix the fan violence and get rid of publicly owned stadiums to move into the new millenium and once again rise above Spain and England for the cash power to sign the top players like Messi and Ibra - they can keep Christano Ronaldo... pansy. I'd love to see my 2 favorite players playing in Italy within the next 2 years. Messi and Ribery. If rumors are correct, Ribery is close. I can just imagine Messi taking over the legend of Maradona at Napoli someday...

#19 OFFLINE   renpar61

renpar61

Legend

• Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:15 AM

This is my main goal as well. If so, such a shame we missed, by one week, the opportunity to see the Inter Milan/A.C. Milan showdown.

I love Serie A. Forza Juve, Forza Palermo. Although I still love to watch AC Milan (as they currently play the most attractive football in Seria A), hate in Inter (filthy thieves! :) but respect to Zanetti - true class), and love Fiorentina, Roma, Udinese, Napoli, Genoa, the new Super Bari, Sampdoria, Parma etc.

No league, IMO has a stronger mid and bottom table. Sure every league will have it's top 3 or 4 who buy every money player available, but the Serie A has an exceptionally talented lower tier that with no real pushovers. Serie B is a great league as well. They need to fix the fan violence and get rid of publicly owned stadiums to move into the new millenium and once again rise above Spain and England for the cash power to sign the top players like Messi and Ibra - they can keep Christano Ronaldo... pansy. I'd love to see my 2 favorite players playing in Italy within the next 2 years. Messi and Ribery. If rumors are correct, Ribery is close. I can just imagine Messi taking over the legend of Maradona at Napoli someday...

Love your post! ;)

Big AC Milan fan here, my whole family has been AC Milan for generations, I used to have season tickets when I lived in Milan (Sacchi era). Therefore I could not agree with you more about the hated Inter.:P

I would love to see Messi and Ribery play in Italy too, but it's never going to happen: not enough cash on Italian teams pockets.

I want FSC HD so bad! I will cross my fingers and do a little dance :grin:, hope to see Milan vs. Livorno in HD tomorrow morning.

It would be great if Dish picked up GolTV as well, I don't want to miss a game.
Dish, can you hear me now?

#20 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:28 AM

Watching Sky Sports news, really happy with the forcasted Rugby games as well.
come on FSC HD.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...