Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NFL Red Zone

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 07:55 AM

It would be nice if the NFL went with the DirecTV Redzone channel. I know why they can't but I love Siciliano (the one time I saw him).

Yes, he's a lot more fun to listen to.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#62 OFFLINE   dtv757

dtv757

Icon

• Registered
  • 757 posts
  • Location757

Posted 20 February 2010 - 09:59 AM

Many subscribers get the NFL ST just for the Red Zone Channel?

i get NFL ST for GREEN BAY and RZC

DIRECTV customer since SEPT 2000 (1) Genie (2) Genie Mini's (1) HR22-100 (1) HR23-700 all networked, total 10 live tunners!!-------------
SAYING NO TO CABLE .. PRICELESS
There’s good TV there’s better TV and than there’s DIRECTV (the undisputed sports & HD leader in TV)
NOTE: my comments are my own personal options and in no way shape or form represent my employer

#63 OFFLINE   Desert Heat

Desert Heat

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:07 PM

I live in the greater LA area and have no team although I'm a bit of an Indy fan having worked for Eli Lilly for 32 years. I pay the full boat to get ONLY the red zone. In my opinion it's the way to watch NFL Sundays as there is no advertisement. When I confronted Direct yesterday on this subject they immediately suggested a $10.00 per month (12 months) to "compensate" for some of the difference. I will go along for another year but i may find myself using a secondary source if the Red Zone costs so little on other suppliers.

#64 OFFLINE   cousinofjah

cousinofjah

AllStar

• Registered
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:51 PM

I live in the greater LA area and have no team although I'm a bit of an Indy fan having worked for Eli Lilly for 32 years. I pay the full boat to get ONLY the red zone. In my opinion it's the way to watch NFL Sundays as there is no advertisement. When I confronted Direct yesterday on this subject they immediately suggested a $10.00 per month (12 months) to "compensate" for some of the difference. I will go along for another year but i may find myself using a secondary source if the Red Zone costs so little on other suppliers.

they seem to be offering $10/mo for a lot of people who call in
Myopic Direc Lo Def Warrior (D12-300 x3, R16-300 x1)

#65 OFFLINE   DawgLink

DawgLink

Woof Woof Woof

• Registered
  • 1,543 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:09 PM

I go back and forth every year on ST and RZ

It seems that every year the price goes up and I am left deciding if it is worth it and I cave most years. Being a fan of a team out-of-the-area, it is the ONLY way for me to watch games....I am not able to get up and go to a bar early/mid-day Sundays so it is my home or nothing.

Even with the price increase, I am hoping to try and get a good deal for this year.....

Protected By... spam firewall...And...