Welcome to DBSTalk
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members.
R-15 new software/patch question
Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:57 AM
1. Last night I decided to go into the R-15 (100) I believe and do a receiver reset, it did it's full reset, reboot, etc. and came back on finally. I noticed a couple things, one was the BLUE EYE light was back on (I had forgot it was off for awhile now) and I went into the settings and noticed it was fully back at version 0122x or something similar.
Questions are: last time it was a different version and shows next schedule update, etc. DO I have to manually update the box again somehow or will it update itself to the newest version? If not, how do I force the patch/update? 2nd, why is the blue light back on? Did the newer patches I had disable the light? Like some people didn't like or something?
Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:06 AM
It should update on its own if it can see all of the satellites (101W, 110W, 119W). It may come faster if you insure that the receiver is turned off (standby).
Here's a thread on forcing the update on an R15-100: http://www.dbstalk.c...5 forced update
The "blue eye" ("Light Ring") setting is on page 6 of the R15 manual and doesn't survive a reboot.
Edited by harsh, 30 December 2009 - 09:15 AM.
Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK
Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:12 PM
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad
Additional equipment configuration details
Sun & moon help site your satellite dish