Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Remote code for unlisted TV

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   JoeF

JoeF

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:46 PM

No luck with 30797 or 31263. Does the "channel up" search work in the AV position?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Brannayen

Brannayen

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:22 AM

Here's how to scan for TV codes on your DIRECTV remote

1.Make sure your TV is turned on.

2.Slide the mode switch at top of remote to "TV".

3.Press and hold the MUTE button. This is located above the number 1 button.

4.While still holding down MUTE, press and hold the SELECT button until green light at the top of the remote flashes twice.

5.Then enter 991, the green light on remote should flash twice.

6.Point remote at TV and press CHANNEL UP button. Tap the CHANNEL UP button repeatedly until the TV powers off.

7.When the TV powers off, press and release the SELECT button.

*Note: If the green light flashes three times before TV responds, then all codes have been cycled through. Our remote controls are guaranteed to program to your DIRECTV receiver, however your TV may not be compatible with our remote control.

These instructions left out a few steps. After you press 991 in step 5 (to select code search), you then press 1 again (it will flash twice again), then you press the power on button at the very top right. Then proceed to step 6.

If you hit channel up very fast, you risk going past the code. Pressing channel down will back it up. I alway hit channel up very fast till the tv turns off, then back it up slowly till it comes back on.

Then hit SELECT to lock in the code.

#23 OFFLINE   CJTE

CJTE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:33 AM

These instructions left out a few steps. After you press 991 in step 5 (to select code search), you then press 1 again (it will flash twice again), then you press the power on button at the very top right. Then proceed to step 6.

If you hit channel up very fast, you risk going past the code. Pressing channel down will back it up. I alway hit channel up very fast till the tv turns off, then back it up slowly till it comes back on.

Then hit SELECT to lock in the code.

There's no reason to press the power button...
The remote is going to send the power on/off command when you hit channel up. You can hit other keys (like volume and mute) to see if they work as they're supposed to.

#24 OFFLINE   Brannayen

Brannayen

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:32 PM

You do still have to hit the number 1 a second time, though.

#25 OFFLINE   jjfeo

jjfeo

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:01 PM

I have a Curtis International LCD2425A and the Sony code 10505 works. I hope this helps (11 months later).:confused:

#26 OFFLINE   sim

sim

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:40 AM

I have a Curtis International LCD2425A and the Sony code 10505 works. I hope this helps (11 months later).:confused:

I knew it took a while to scan through remote codes, but I had no idea it takes that long! :lol:

#27 OFFLINE   Newshawk

Newshawk

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 07:13 PM

I knew it took a while to scan through remote codes, but I had no idea it takes that long! :lol:

Everybody and their kid brother are making TVs these days, y'know.

DIRECTV employee April 2004-November 2012.
The above comments are my own because I don't know if anyone would care about my opinions anymore.

#28 OFFLINE   jjfeo

jjfeo

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:52 PM

The wife was really pissed!!! LOL Although, she's ok with it now that the remote control works! :grin: :D

#29 OFFLINE   msjmurphy

msjmurphy

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

We got a "cheapo" Curtis (not Curtis Mathes) TV for our kitchen and I can't find the remote code for the D* remote. I tried codes for some likely suspects but had no luck. Any suggestions?

I have a Cutis 19" LED HD - and remote code 10000 worked for me - it allows me to turn the tv on when the RC65 is in the "TV" mode - when switched to the "DirecTV" mode, I can adjust the volume and turn BOTH the box and the TV off at the same time... Hope this helps.

spam firewall