Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
Glitches with my 722
Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:45 AM
Occasionally, I will try to go to 9439 (CNBC) and get an error message about clicking the up or down arrow to change channels. At the same time, cannot get the weather channel or the travel channel either, probably others. This happens in the 9xxx and the 2xx channels. I have to reboot.
Then yesterday (I copied the issue from another post, so I'm not the only one apparently):
2) one day I turned TV on and there was no picture and no sound. All the guides and menus were working, but no transmission. A reboot holding the power button eventually fixed the problem. It happened a second time 2 days ago. Fixed by reboot again.
So.............. I'm curious more on the first issue since that has been ongoing. Now I fear for the 2nd issue that my box will not work one day and I'll be hosed waiting for a new one.
Posted 09 January 2010 - 09:40 AM
Posted 09 January 2010 - 06:07 PM
This could be a receiver, lnb or switch problem, check to see if all the problem channels are on the same satellite, if so it could be lnb.
I have a 722k, a 211k, a 211 and a DP301 connected to a D1000 with a DPP44 switch. About every 2-3 months the 722 (on port 1) starts losing channels while all the others are fine. To fix it, I have to totally disconnect all 4 receivers and the power injector from the DPP44 switch for about 15 minutes (reboot the switch). When I reconnect every thing and run check switch everywhere, everything is back to normal.
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD
Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!