Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ESPN Full Court Free Preview

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,453 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:06 AM

Free preview runs January 9-16. ESPN Full Court is on channels 720-727.

https://www.directv....-100107final&m=
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Maleman

Maleman

Icon

• Registered
  • 860 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:10 AM

Sorry is this automatic? Or do I need to click on "current" customer to activate?

Thanks

#3 OFFLINE   Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 10,453 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:57 AM

Sorry is this automatic? Or do I need to click on "current" customer to activate?

Thanks

The link is just to the ESPN Full Court splash page. You shouldn't need to do anything. It should all be automatic.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.

#4 OFFLINE   erosroadie

erosroadie

Godfather

• Registered
  • 388 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:00 AM

Any/All in HD?

#5 OFFLINE   zimm7778

zimm7778

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:24 AM

Any/All in HD?

Doubt it. Dont believe they ever have before. But in all fairness, I don't know how many of the games in FC are actually produced for broadcast in HD either.

#6 OFFLINE   Lee L

Lee L

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:08 AM

Any/All in HD?

None are in HD.

DirecTV, please don't make me have to go back to watching March Madness in standard Def! Oh, and the usual begging for AMC and BBC America. You are so close to actually being the HD Leader.

#7 OFFLINE   EricRobins

EricRobins

Godfather

• Registered
  • 463 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:16 AM

None are in HD.

Since the vast majority of feeds are also present on RSNs (most of which are available in HD), why can't they simply open up the RSNs, like they do for MLBEI?

This would mean that any game presented by the RSN in HD would be available to ESPNFC viewers in HD as well.

#8 OFFLINE   Big Dawg 23

Big Dawg 23

AllStar

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:25 AM

Since the vast majority of feeds are also present on RSNs (most of which are available in HD), why can't they simply open up the RSNs, like they do for MLBEI?

This would mean that any game presented by the RSN in HD would be available to ESPNFC viewers in HD as well.

They did have them open for Football Game plan. I am a huge SEC fan. MSG and MSG+ carried the SEC Game of the week in HD every week. With The sports pack and GP I saw almost every one of those games in HD. If you have Sports Pack search the channels for the games on GP.

#9 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,123 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:26 AM

They did have them open for Football Game plan. I am a huge SEC fan. MSG and MSG+ carried the SEC Game of the week in HD every week. With The sports pack and GP I saw almost every one of those games in HD. If you have Sports Pack search the channels for the games on GP.

FYI for next year...you don't need GP for the SEC games on MSG and MSG+. You only needed Sports Pack.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#10 OFFLINE   Red Dog

Red Dog

Godfather

• Registered
  • 411 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:49 PM

And SEC basketball regional games on outlets such as FSN-South that used to be blacked out in the SP are now in the clear.

#11 OFFLINE   Justin23

Justin23

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:16 PM

Would there be any games that are in the ESPN FC that wouldn't be in the Sports Pack? To me, having the Sports Pack would be a better deal...

#12 OFFLINE   pappy97

pappy97

Icon

• No PM's
  • 611 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:37 PM

Would there be any games that are in the ESPN FC that wouldn't be in the Sports Pack? To me, having the Sports Pack would be a better deal...

Yes there would be.

Here are some conferences that have games on ESPN Full Court that are not on RSNs in Sports Pack:

Big East (Big East Network)
Big 12 (Big 12 Network and third tier local games)
ACC (Raycom)
America East (ESPN+ owned games)
Horizon League (Lakeshore TV and Horizon League Network)
WAC (ESPN+ plus some Bulldog Sports, KFVE, Aggie Vision and Nevada Sports games)

I heard that all full court games are free on espn360.com though, but I haven't confirmed it. I personally won't get ESPN Full Court until/unless they ever get games from Big West Conference, but "Big West TV" is an online only disaster at this point so I don't see that happening any time soon. Luckily my Pacific Tigers appear on ESPNU several times in a season and I think I get that in my CHOICE XTRA package!
My setup (TV + DirecTV):
Master Bedroom: LG 32" 120hz LCD TV, GENIE Client
Living room: Samsung 46" 120hz LED LCD TV 7000 series, GENIE Master
Dedicated HT: Epson 8700UB projector with 150" 16:9 painted on screen and 180" 2.4:1 painted on screen, HD-DVR (HR22), Denon AVR-890, Klipsch Icon Front Speakers, Center Speaker, and Klipsch Icon Floorstanders for side and rear speakers (6 total floorstanders), subwoofer is BIC America V-1220 12" down-firing sub

#13 OFFLINE   ajc68

ajc68

Icon

• Registered
  • 667 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:07 PM

Until the ESPN packages include HD, I will not return as a subscriber. I used to subscribe to both football and hoops, but since upgrading to HD three years ago I dropped them as the SD looks like garbage.

#14 OFFLINE   Lee L

Lee L

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:14 PM

WE did not sub to Full Court this year precisely because many of the games are on the sports pack already, plus with no HD, we might as well do ESPN 360 since we are on ATT internet. I have a little Dell Zino that we use for it in the rec room.

DirecTV, please don't make me have to go back to watching March Madness in standard Def! Oh, and the usual begging for AMC and BBC America. You are so close to actually being the HD Leader.

#15 OFFLINE   Red Dog

Red Dog

Godfather

• Registered
  • 411 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:10 PM

Yes. For example, some Big XII contests either aren't on a RSN (such as the Cornell/Kansas game last night) or get blacked out in the SP but are available on FC. However, a good number of Big XII games (incl. Big XII tourney games) end up on Altitude and are in the clear. Raycom syndicated ACC games usually aren't on a RSN in the SP.

Overall, the SP is a much better deal. And it's possible to get it for free for 3 months (I called last week and asked for a deal).

#16 OFFLINE   Lee L

Lee L

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:13 PM

THe Kansas Cornell game was on ESPN360 also last night and we watched it.

Something else we might do is just wait for the half year package of FC to come out since now is when there start to be multiple good games on at teh same time when it would actuually be helpful or at least more convenient since we only have one PC in the rec room but 3 Tvs. They should just let you sub to the half season from the beginning.

#17 OFFLINE   Red Dog

Red Dog

Godfather

• Registered
  • 411 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:42 PM

THe Kansas Cornell game was on ESPN360 also last night and we watched it.

Something else we might do is just wait for the half year package of FC to come out since now is when there start to be multiple good games on at teh same time when it would actuually be helpful or at least more convenient since we only have one PC in the rec room but 3 Tvs. They should just let you sub to the half season from the beginning.

Back when I was on Comcrap several years ago, I would always wait for the half-season package when conference play was in full swing.

#18 OFFLINE   nitty316

nitty316

Legend

• Registered
  • 219 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 11:33 AM

This year I’ve noticed that the games on the RSN’s (630’s-699) that are also on Full Court are actually showing up on those channels and in HD if available. Now I’m trying to figure out if I am getting those games because of the Full Court package or is it because I have the Sports Package?

I guess what I’m asking is if I did not have Full Court, but did have the Fox Sports Package would I still get those games? If they are simply lighting those games up because you have the Full Court package it is a welcome change because the quality is so much better.

Watching it on the RSN channel in HD or even non HD, beats the daylights out of the quality on Full Court.

#19 OFFLINE   Lee L

Lee L

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:46 PM

We get all the games on teh RSN channels and did not sub to Full Court this year. In fact, that is a major reason why we decided not to, it was the same way last year also.

We still might do the Half Year, but it looks less and less like it matters with the Sports Pak and internet.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...