Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Heroes Will Get Fifth Season

unsaved content

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,290 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:11 PM

Evidence of a changing marketplace:

NBC has NOT issued an official statement and won't for months, but the cast seems to be in the know. Apparently they have shot a Major Cliffhanger for a seaon finale.

While Heroes has had a rocky record with the ratings in the USA, it is a major hit worldwide and DVD sales are extremely strong. The $$$ speak.

Edited by LarryFlowers, 07 January 2010 - 01:39 PM.

Larry R. Flowers
Winder (Atlanta) GA
Twitter @larryflowers
HR20-700 HR23-700 H24-100
1st DirecTV Receiver Install Nov 1994
i'm a PC Guy

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,690 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:26 PM

I'm sure the time delay on announcements is just part of the bigger picture at NMC - new owners, low network ratings to deal with, a lineup revamp this fall.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#3 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,575 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:35 PM

[...] While Heroes has had a rocky record with the ratings in the USA, it is a major hit worldwide and DVD sales are extremely strong. The $$$ speak.

I don't enjoy the show as much as I used to, but I still watch it because my wife likes it, which I find very odd. She's never really been into shows like this before. She also loves Fringe. Somehow both those shows have struck a chord, but I have no idea why! :scratchin
/steve

#4 OFFLINE   longrider

longrider

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,113 posts
  • LocationElizabeth, CO

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:11 PM

I don't know how ratings are doing but IMO the storyline has really improved this year. While some people didn't like the introduction of Samuel and the carnival it has definitly thrown a new twist and makes you wonder what will happen. That said it still doesn't have me hooked like the first year
My Setup

#5 OFFLINE   dreadlk

dreadlk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 02:38 PM

It was a great show until they decided that people with Powers where just to expensive to maintain! Now that they stripped most of the SciFi out of it, it's become like Smallville.

#6 OFFLINE   Movieman

Movieman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:06 PM

I like it. Im glad that they are still going to run it for awhile longer. I did like the earlier episodes better but its still a good show.

#7 OFFLINE   AllenE

AllenE

Godfather

• Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:16 PM

It was a great show until they decided that people with Powers where just to expensive to maintain! Now that they stripped most of the SciFi out of it, it's become like Smallville.

I have difficulty reconciling your observation with the series as I have observed this season.

#8 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,160 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:40 PM

I don't know how ratings are doing but IMO the storyline has really improved this year. While some people didn't like the introduction of Samuel and the carnival it has definitly thrown a new twist and makes you wonder what will happen. That said it still doesn't have me hooked like the first year

+1. Easily the best season since #1 IMO and I think Samuel was a good addition.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#9 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:56 PM

Definitely getting me hooked back in which I didn't even think possible, but there is still room for improvement.

Spoiler

DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#10 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,594 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:38 PM

Definitely getting me hooked back in which I didn't even think possible, but there is still room for improvement.

Spoiler

I'll see your spoiler and raise you one:

Spoiler

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#11 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,828 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 05:15 PM

The show has lost it's luster for me... Maybe if Season 5 drops the whole carnival thing I'll be interested.

And well, if Hiro dies I'm done...

#12 OFFLINE   Dario33

Dario33

Godfather

• Registered
  • 486 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 07:46 PM

I stopped watching in season 2 -- surprised to hear it'll be getting a 5th.

#13 OFFLINE   frederic1943

frederic1943

Icon

• Registered
  • 748 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:12 AM

I stopped watching in season 2 -- surprised to hear it'll be getting a 5th.

If you had a fifth would you watch the fifth? :lol:
37" Olevia LT37HVS HDTV with HR21-100 connected with HDMI and HR20-700 connected with Component
And
37" Hannspree Nara HDTV with HR21-100 connected with Component

Protected By... spam firewall...And...