Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

2010 CES Show notes

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   FTA Michael

FTA Michael

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:26 PM

Hi everybody!

When the CES folks let us regular people onto the show floor at 10 PST, I hurried to the Dish booth. (Listed on the show map as Sling Media / Dish Network.) The well-staffed booth is displaying their latest products, which look a lot like their upcoming products last year. Included are the ViP 922 HD DuoDVR™ with TV Everywhere™, an HDTV Multi-Room Extender, and a WiFi monitor, as well as the usual suspects.

If I get to XStream today, I'll add a note from there later.
Yes, FTABlog is active again. Why do you ask?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,868 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:17 PM

FTA Michael was kind enough to send some pictures:

HDTV Multi-Room Extender:
http://www.dbstalk.c...95&d=1262895385

VIP922 DVR:
http://www.dbstalk.c...97&d=1262895385

Wi-Fi Monitor:
http://www.dbstalk.c...98&d=1262895385

Attached Thumbnails

• hdtv_multi-room_extender.jpg
  • VIP922.jpg
  • wifi_monitor.jpg

Edited by Stuart Sweet, 08 January 2010 - 04:27 PM.
deleted wrong image

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   FTA Michael

FTA Michael

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:16 AM

Just so you know, my photo uploader must have hiccupped, because that Optelian beastie was _not_ part of the Dish booth. Stuart or Chris can feel free to take that one out, then delete this correction.

But I did get Stan Lee to autograph my first Amazing Spider-Man (#64) that I bought as a kid. It's got nothing to do with satellite entertainment, but I'm telling everyone! :D

#4 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:42 AM

Just so you know, my photo uploader must have hiccupped, because that Optelian beastie was _not_ part of the Dish booth. Stuart or Chris can feel free to take that one out, then delete this correction.

But I did get Stan Lee to autograph my first Amazing Spider-Man (#64) that I bought as a kid. It's got nothing to do with satellite entertainment, but I'm telling everyone! :D

CES, is one thing. Meeting Stan Lee and getting him to autograph a issue of any of his comic's is extremely EXCITING. I would make sure everybody new too. TOO COOL

#5 OFFLINE   finniganps

finniganps

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 09:36 AM

That's great - TWO HD outputs instead of the current 1 that the 722 offers. Now WHEN will it be released and what are the details for existing customers?

#6 OFFLINE   fryguy503

fryguy503

Legend

• Registered
  • 159 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:11 PM

That's great - TWO HD outputs instead of the current 1 that the 722 offers. Now WHEN will it be released and what are the details for existing customers?

The 922 does NOT have two HD outputs by default, it only comes with TV1 HD output at least with the current test model. You may be able to use the new Sling device to make a 2nd, but I have yet to see it in action. But i wanted to make sure people realize that by default the 922 will not include 2 hd/tv solution.

*note* This may change of course before it releases.... when

#7 OFFLINE   FTA Michael

FTA Michael

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 12:21 PM

CES, is one thing. Meeting Stan Lee and getting him to autograph a issue of any of his comic's is extremely EXCITING. I would make sure everybody new too. TOO COOL

Thanks for understanding. Here's a pic of me and my new best friend. But really, hasn't he worn the same sweater for at least 10 years now?

Attached Thumbnails

• SmallerStan.jpg

#8 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:37 PM

I've compiled my notes and pictures on a new web page at EKB: CES 2010 Coverage. I never claimed to be fast ;), but some of this I've already posted to various threads during and after the show.

I considered staying part of Sunday but by then it was really hurting my feet to walk anymore.
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

Protected By... spam firewall...And...