Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

D11-100 not autotuning when on certain channels

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   caps321

caps321

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:40 AM

Ever since Directv added the option where you can click the red button for the scoreguide.. The set top box refuses to auto tune when left on one of these channels.

For instance, I had two shows set to record on my standalone dvr last night. Well, I forgot and left the STB on the Tennis Channel and it ignored the auto tune once again.

Also, this happens with FSN Florida/Sun Sports as well.

D11-100

Past Upgrade 0X1191, Wed 8/19 at 2:10a

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:40 AM

Try leaving it tuned to The Weather Channel (ch 362) and see if the same thing happens. If it does, it isn't the sports guide but just the fact that the channel it is tuned to has DirecTV Interactive enabled on it.

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#3 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 11:03 AM

It's a known issue affecting autotuning on any channel that has interactive features.
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#4 OFFLINE   caps321

caps321

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 12:24 PM

Thanks.

#5 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 12 January 2010 - 07:51 PM

Try pulling up the ScoreGuide and then hitting the Exit button. That will turn it off and not just minimize it. Check to see if AutoTune then works for you.

I believe I also heard that you can pull up the mini-Guide and then hit Exit on that to turn off the Interactive Features of a channel. Does anyone else off-hand remember what the quick fix is for that?

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

spam firewall