Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Another question for you R15/DTV experts...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rumbarrel

rumbarrel

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:07 AM

Just got, and activated, an R15 yesterday. In trying out the remote programming feature from the DTV website to see if it worked, it showed one of my other Dtivo's in the box that shows the boxes that are available to record on.

Even though I know that Dtivo doesn't have the capability, due to having an older software version.

Anyway, when I select a program on the web guide, it defaults to showing
the Dtivo in the dropdown box for receivers. ONCE, i click on the R15, the option for choosing to record the "series" is grayed out. I can only remotely record one episode. Can this be fixed? :confused:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,247 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:36 PM

Unfortunately, no. The R15's cannot have a Series Link setup remotely like the HR2x series receivers can.

As for your DTivo, I believe those are capable of being remotely programmed. I'm fairly certain I remember reading posts about that functionality being enabled.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#3 OFFLINE   rumbarrel

rumbarrel

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:41 PM

Thanks again for your reply.....

Darn...another reason to be upset about receiving an R-15!! :mad:

As for the Dtivo.....yes, I am aware that they should be able to be programmed remotely, but I believe it needs the 6.4 software update, which I have tried and tried to force to the machine, to no avail!! :(

Does anyone know if the R-22 can remotely set up series programming?

I've been thinking about trying to find one......I might think harder about it if I knew it could do series programming remotely.

#4 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,247 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:20 PM

Thanks again for your reply.....

Darn...another reason to be upset about receiving an R-15!! :mad:

As for the Dtivo.....yes, I am aware that they should be able to be programmed remotely, but I believe it needs the 6.4 software update, which I have tried and tried to force to the machine, to no avail!! :(

Does anyone know if the R-22 can remotely set up series programming?

I've been thinking about trying to find one......I might think harder about it if I knew it could do series programming remotely.

The R22 has all the features of the HR21, except for HD. Of course, if you have HD service on your account already, the R22 will then provide HD access.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#5 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:44 PM

While many of the "snazzy" new features are being incorporated exclusively in the HR2x/R22 series DVR's, there are a number of OLD tricks the R15 does that they don't.

For example, the R15 can record the music channels. You can also set it up to respond to an IR remote AND an RF remote at the same time. And, of course, the R15 has a channel 3/4 NTSC RF output which is perfect for viewing it on a second TV in another room (where you put the RF remote).

Speaking of the RF remote, the R15 has an antenna jack to pick up the signal from it. In my tests, this external antenna provides LOTS further range than the HR2x/R22 with it's built-in RF antenna.

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

spam firewall