Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Axiom / Aperion Speaker Choice

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TMullenJr

TMullenJr

Godfather

• Registered
  • 425 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:22 PM

I'm looking to get a set of speakers to go with my Onkyo TX SR-806. I like the Axiom Epic 50-350 and the Aperion 4T-CB systems. I was curious if anybody has experience with either of these systems, or has another recommendation. I was looking to spend under $3K.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   smiddy

smiddy

Tain't ogre til its ogre

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,281 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:37 PM

I'm looking to get a set of speakers to go with my Onkyo TX SR-806. I like the Axiom Epic 50-350 and the Aperion 4T-CB systems. I was curious if anybody has experience with either of these systems, or has another recommendation. I was looking to spend under $3K.

I own the Axiom speakers, VP150 (center), a pair of M80 (left and right), four QS8 (left and right side and back surround sound), and EP800 (subwoofer) in my theater room and they are sah-wheet! I wired for another EP800, 2 more QS8, and another VP150. Hoever, I think with all the sound I get now I will never need them. I love them, I have had them since March 2006.
Aaron 'smiddy' Smith

#3 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,427 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:18 PM

I've had my Axiom's for about 5 years and absolutely love them (M22ti's in front, VP150 center, QS8's on the sides, QS4's in the rear). Not only are they great speakers, but they're a great company to deal with. When I was first going to purchase them I called them up for suggestions and they actually talked me into spending LESS money than I originally was planning on spending (was going to get QS8's all around - but they told me it was overkill for rears in my room). How many companies will do that?

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#4 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 09:32 AM

The February issue of Home Theater magazine has a speaker review if you're interested.

#5 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,427 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 22 January 2010 - 09:59 AM

The February issue of Home Theater magazine has a speaker review if you're interested.

Yes, but IIRC, neither of the brands he mentions were reviewed. Axiom, especially, rarely gets reviewed by magazines, mainly because they don't advertise in them.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

spam firewall