Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

wnmn-dt in vermont...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sticketfan

sticketfan

Legend

• Registered
  • 198 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:53 PM

just had wnmn 40-1 and 40-2 appear on my directv receivers today. came through my ota anntenna but am not getting a signal just the guide data on my receivers. anyone in vermont getting this channel?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   AntAltMike

AntAltMike

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,704 posts
  • LocationCollege Park MD (just outside Wash, DC)

Posted 02 February 2010 - 04:16 PM

Beats me. I just entered zip 05770 at tvfool.com, with reception antenna heights of 300 and then 500 feet, and with such a tower you could get real weak signals from Montreal, Quebec (112 miles away) and Hartford Connecticut (149 miles) but no virtual or real channel 40s appeared in the tables.

Edited by AntAltMike, 03 February 2010 - 03:50 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   gmd

gmd

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:34 PM

Is there a reason why this station chose to isolate itself from Ottawa, Canada's 4th largest DMA?

CHOT-TV (and later DT) use channel UHF 40.

People in Ottawa can tune into WCFE, so I don't see why WNMN-DT would not come in.

-gmd

spam firewall