Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

RCA DRD435/Samsung

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:28 PM

Are RCA DRD435s covered under the protection plan? I have 3 card-less ones laying around I would like to put to use but I don't want to "invest" 20 bucks a pop if they aren't covered. I also have couple Samsung receivers without any cards. Are those brands covered or is it just D/R/HR - X00 series?

Thanks

Later note: I did have the cards that originally went in them, but I figured they were worthless since they were from another account and took them out.

Edited by matt, 27 January 2010 - 03:10 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:44 PM

Are RCA DRD435s covered under the protection plan? I have 3 card-less ones laying around I would like to put to use but I don't want to "invest" 20 bucks a pop if they aren't covered. I also have couple Samsung receivers without any cards. Are those brands covered or is it just D/R/HR - X00 series?

Thanks

So let me see if I got this right.

You have multiple old receivers, that have no cards, that are not currently active.

You want to know if you can have them replaced under the protection plan?

Yes, all receivers are covered under the protection plan, however those receivers need to be active to be covered.

I hope your not intending to just get the plan to replace those receivers just because.
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#3 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:29 PM

I already have the plan anyway. I don't intend on getting them swapped out just for fun, our rates are already high enough without that.

I just don't want to spend 20 dollars for something not covered that I pay an extra 6 to protect.

I prefer to use my electronics until they won't work anymore. Just take a look at my dual micro-cassette answering machine... Why spend money on a new one when I have good ones sitting in my front bedroom?

Edited by matt, 21 January 2010 - 09:48 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   my1423

my1423

Godfather

• Registered
  • 252 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:46 AM

Its a non rid unit take your card from it put it in one of your others, Call the 1800 number and say extension 722. It will remarry to the new unit and be up and watching for no cost.

Or if you are wanting to add a unit spend the 20$ for a card.

If you get a new unit you will suddenly find yourself on contract.

If anyunit fails and you have the pp they send you a new one free, and since you own yours the new ones will be owned, NO CONTRACT.

#5 ONLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,264 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 23 January 2010 - 10:13 AM

The receivers will be covered by the PP once they are activated on your account. As stated though, you'll need to get Access Cards for them though.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#6 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 01:19 AM

Cool. I hooked them up one by one yesterday and they all work great. Looks like I will be calling the card department Monday! I will probably only turn one on though...

#7 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:19 PM

Just as a note for the future members with the same question, I found out today if you have a problem with the Samsung, D* instructions are to contact the manufacturer. That could cause some down time I would think.

#8 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 03:08 PM

Got all three DRD435RHs turned on, they even let me use the cards that were in it! I couldn't believe it.

When they activated them, they switched over to leased, so I talked to the card department and had them switched back over to owned like they should be. I said that it would be fine if he switched my R22 to owned while he was was it, but his reply was "nice try."

#9 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Registered
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 29 January 2010 - 06:51 PM

Got all three DRD435RHs turned on, they even let me use the cards that were in it! I couldn't believe it.

When they activated them, they switched over to leased, so I talked to the card department and had them switched back over to owned like they should be. I said that it would be fine if he switched my R22 to owned while he was was it, but his reply was "nice try."

Better call back in and see what your commitment date is. Since they incorrectly changed your owned RCA receivers to leased, I bet it also added a new 2 year commitment to your account. If so, get it fixed immediately.

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#10 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 07:38 PM

Better call back in and see what your commitment date is. Since they incorrectly changed your owned RCA receivers to leased, I bet it also added a new 2 year commitment to your account. If so, get it fixed immediately.

Good call. I have like 22 months left anyway but I am going to check when I activate my eBay find this week. I think the SD only adds 12 months but I'm still gonna check.

I asked the access card team why I didn't have to buy cards this time like last time and they were pissed that the CSR turned them on, but I was happy because that was $60 I didn't have to spend!
Slimline 5 with SWM-16
Wireless DECA
HR34-700!
R22-200 Leased
Owned H25-700 and H24-700 off and packed for the move.

DIRECTV subscriber since Nov. 2009

Protected By... spam firewall...And...