Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DirecTV high speed internet partners

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   gitarzan

gitarzan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 401 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:58 PM

The DirecTV website says I can save up to $180 year by ordering internet service through one of the DirectTV preferred providers. Windstream (my local DSL provider) is listed as a partner provider yet when I call DirecTV to inquire I am told they don't have anything for my zip code. Is this something I should pursue or is it likely that this discount really is not available? thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   davring

davring

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:00 PM

They may not have an agreement with Windstrem in your area, probably has to do with lease agreements with Ma Bell and Windstream.
HR20-700(2.0TB)>Sony XBR-55HX929
HR20-700>Sony KDL40V2500
OTA RS outdoor ant
Hardwire networked to Cysco Router 6.0 AT&T DSL
MRV enabled
R15-500>Samsung LNT2342H
DirecTV customer since 1997

#3 OFFLINE   morbid_fun

morbid_fun

Godfather

• Registered
  • 402 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:27 PM

The DirecTV website says I can save up to $180 year by ordering internet service through one of the DirectTV preferred providers. Windstream (my local DSL provider) is listed as a partner provider yet when I call DirecTV to inquire I am told they don't have anything for my zip code. Is this something I should pursue or is it likely that this discount really is not available? thanks

They are using a version of the service check program that your local DSL provider uses to check on the availability of DSL to your home. In my experience this is not always reliable. I would check with Windstream themselves on the availability. In most cases, if available, the two services become a bundled service with a discount. My information is not the most current so this may have changed.

#4 OFFLINE   gitarzan

gitarzan

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 401 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:58 PM

They are using a version of the service check program that your local DSL provider uses to check on the availability of DSL to your home. In my experience this is not always reliable. I would check with Windstream themselves on the availability. In most cases, if available, the two services become a bundled service with a discount. My information is not the most current so this may have changed.

The Windstream website only shows bundles with Dish. Maybe DirecTV is mistakenly showing Windstream as a preferred partner with DirecTV or was at one time.

#5 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:12 PM

Any chance Comcast is an internet partner?

j/k :D

#6 OFFLINE   JessCh

JessCh

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:19 PM

It might be that Winstream has change their TV partners and Directv has not change their website. At windstream.com/residential/digitalTV.aspx , they have list " Dish Network as their TV partner.

#7 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:50 PM

I get a bundle discount through AT&T. My phone/DSL is cheaper and D* gives me a $5 AT&T discount.

#8 OFFLINE   morbid_fun

morbid_fun

Godfather

• Registered
  • 402 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 09:59 PM

The Windstream website only shows bundles with Dish. Maybe DirecTV is mistakenly showing Windstream as a preferred partner with DirecTV or was at one time.

Certainly could be the case. Unless the change is major (ATT) they may move slow on reflecting changes with more localized carriers.
If Windstream did switch to Dish, you may have a shot at receiving a temporary monthly credit from DirecTV as a courtesy. Happened for me a while back until Qwest expanded to my area.

spam firewall