Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

BerryBlab for vBuletin

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt...&a

• Registered
  • 5,259 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 09:48 AM

Since us BlackBerry users have such a crappy browser it might be great to add this to this forum: http://www.berryblab.com/Default.aspx

http://forums.crackb...ckberry-412171/
Thanks to Google search, people can appear to be smarter than they really are.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 05:08 PM

Since us BlackBerry users have such a crappy browser it might be great to add this to this forum: http://www.berryblab.com/Default.aspx

http://forums.crackb...ckberry-412171/

Basically we really don't want to do this. The issue with this is all data flows though their servers, including login info etc. Basically, the data is out of our control. We would also have no control if they choose at some point to insert ads. After all, it runs though their servers. They need to make $$$ somehow.

There is the same sort of app for the iPhone as well. We did not install it for the same reasons.

#3 OFFLINE   pfp

pfp

Whatever

• Registered
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 05:14 PM

There is the same sort of app for the iPhone as well. We did not install it for the same reasons.

:( and this one (Tapatalk)now works with Android, with Nokia (Beta) and Blackberry sometime in Febriuary.
I do, I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you, or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

#4 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,259 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 05:27 PM

Basically we really don't want to do this. The issue with this is all data flows though their servers, including login info etc. Basically, the data is out of our control. We would also have no control if they choose at some point to insert ads. After all, it runs though their servers. They need to make $$$ somehow.

Thanks for the reply. I can understand why you don't want that, it makes sense to me.

#5 OFFLINE   CJTE

CJTE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:14 AM

Since us BlackBerry users have such a crappy browser

Im not sure which browser you're using...
I highly recommend BOLT.
It's the most current-web compatible mobile browser I've come upon.
I've tried opera but it doesn't handle scripts well (I can't login to alot of places, like my bank!).
I've heard rumors of a mobile build of firefox but haven't looked too hard.

#6 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,259 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:56 AM

Im not sure which browser you're using...
I highly recommend BOLT.
It's the most current-web compatible mobile browser I've come upon.
I've tried opera but it doesn't handle scripts well (I can't login to alot of places, like my bank!).
I've heard rumors of a mobile build of firefox but haven't looked too hard.

I switch between the native browser, Bolt, and Opera Mini Beta 5.
Not impressed with Opera. I like Bolt but would like a zoom on the fly function. The native is ok with a bit of tweaking. Rim is working on a new browser but who knows when it will see the light.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...