Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

VIP722K - Won't connect to network

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   mcutler

mcutler

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:51 PM

If you have a 722k you will not need to lose your recording schedules nor faorites if you back them up to your remote.

Can you briefly describe how this is done? I last replaced my 722k a year or 2 ago and was told this feature was not available for me. Does it take a later model remote to accomplish this, or has that been done through a software upgrade?

Edited by mcutler, 05 April 2014 - 07:51 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:08 AM

It needs to be a K model receiver and a 20/21.0 remote. Press and hold 0 until the prompt appears, choose Backup/Restore.

#23 OFFLINE   shadough

shadough

Icon

• Registered
  • 652 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:15 PM

I'm surprised no-one suggested a USB WiFi adapter, plugged into the vip722.  You certainly wouldnt need the ethernet port anymore.

http://shad.is.dream...fl/collect.html 1000 AFL games and counting......

#24 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,746 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:39 AM

I'm surprised no-one suggested a USB WiFi adapter, plugged into the vip722.  You certainly wouldnt need the ethernet port anymore.

because using it is hit and miss :( - it's unreliable connection for video streaming, dependable of congestion from your neighbors who are using same freq WiFi APs, from EMI like microwaves, etc

spam firewall