Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

What's Directv plans for Internationals ?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   mhking

mhking

Icon

• Registered
  • 540 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:52 AM

I've pretty much given up on DirecTV doing more internationals. That was one of the reasons I finally got a Roku.
Wish list of channels for D*: C-Span 3; BBC World News; Sky News International; CBC Newsworld; France24; EuroNews; Eurosportnews; Setanta Sports News; ABC News 24 (Australia); Australia Network (soon to be ABC Asia Pacific); Al Jazeera English; Russia Today; NHK World; DW-TV -- Heck, how about an entire English-language international tier so I don't have to keep switching to my Roku?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Mauiguy

Mauiguy

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:08 AM

My wife was Japanese and we had to carry basic on Dish Network to get NHK from TV Japan. Dish has far more international programming than Directv. Directv has more sports, that's just the way it is.

I've been doing the same thing for many years now. Periodically I ping Directv with an email asking about TVJapan, but do not hold out any hope for it.

Sometimes I wonder if there are exclusivity contracts in place between DISH and TVJapan.

It would be great if Direct did add it to their international grouping.

#23 OFFLINE   RML81

RML81

Legend

• Registered
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

It'd be really nice if they'd add some English-language foreign news channels, like France24, BBC World News, CBC, Al Jazeera, etc.

#24 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,045 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

The biggest thing for us would either be to move the internationals off 95 to one of their core slots or develop a single solution dish which would incorporate 95. Mrs. Fluffybear would like to subscribe to the Russian package again but not at the cost of adding a second dish (to a newly refinished roof) again.

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q2 2014 Set-Up

#25 OFFLINE   pablo

pablo

Icon

• Registered
  • 892 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

Looks like DirecTV grew their Russian package by one, adding NTV America: http://www.directv.c...ational/russian

#26 OFFLINE   jamieh1

jamieh1

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:41 AM

CCTV9 News has moved back to the 119 satellite.

spam firewall