Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Lost skips from 20 minutes in to 1:32 minutes

unsaved content

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   smolenski

smolenski

AllStar

• Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:05 PM

Anyone have this issue? the recording goes straight from 20 minutes to 1:32 in.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,923 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 03 February 2010 - 12:07 AM

Did you get any rain/storms?
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#3 OFFLINE   smolenski

smolenski

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 06:38 AM

No, the weather here has been pretty good. Since it's hasn't happened before, I won't worry about it too much.

#4 OFFLINE   Pete K.

Pete K.

Icon

• Registered
  • 776 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 07:44 AM

The episode was so confusing, your DVR was probably confused.

#5 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• Registered
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 08:02 AM

:lol: LMAO :lol:

#6 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,252 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 03 February 2010 - 08:07 AM

Lost skips from 20 minutes in to 1:32 minutes

Thus, the name of the show. :P

~ 12 Year Anniversary Month ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#7 OFFLINE   Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,445 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:33 AM

The only problem that I had was about a 10 second blank screen shortly before Hurley tells The Others that Jacob had sent him. I had the same problem on both DVR's that recorded the episode. So it had to be a signal problem.

#8 OFFLINE   Matman

Matman

Legend

• Registered
  • 238 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:40 AM

Your DVR must think its still in last season with all the time traveling.

No issues here aside from a few instances of a wierd pixelation at the top of the screen in a couple scenes, nowhere near ruining the scene, but enough for me to notice.
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
~Leonardo da Vinci

#9 OFFLINE   gpg

gpg

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,713 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 03 February 2010 - 01:05 PM

The only problem that I had was about a 10 second blank screen shortly before Hurley tells The Others that Jacob had sent him. I had the same problem on both DVR's that recorded the episode. So it had to be a signal problem.

Yep, I had the same problem. There must have been a dropout on the signal DirecTV got from WABC here in NY.
HR24-200,HR23-700,HR21-200, HR21-100, HR34-700,
Sony KDS-R50XBR1,HDMI, LG 37LH40,HDMI Vizio 390-A1,HDMI,Sony KDL-40NX711, HDMI, Vizio VO320E, HDMI, SWM16 with DECA,
Sony STR-DG1000 AV Receiver optical cable connection for HR24-200, GenieGo

#10 OFFLINE   iamqnow

iamqnow

Legend

• Registered
  • 245 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 03:58 PM

Your DVR must think its still in last season with all the time traveling.

No issues here aside from a few instances of a wierd pixelation at the top of the screen in a couple scenes, nowhere near ruining the scene, but enough for me to notice.

I had the pixies too but luckily they were very brief. Kinda worried me for a second, I thought the island was moving again.

#11 OFFLINE   smolenski

smolenski

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 10:45 AM

It's been a confusing 5 years. I don't expect it to change now. My main complaint is with myself. Why do I keep watching??????????:confused:

#12 OFFLINE   mirwin101

mirwin101

AllStar

• Registered
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:09 PM

I didn't have any issues watching the recording via the HDMI output. But when I started to rewatch Lost while also recording it to DVD with a Toshiba DVD Recorder hooked to the s-video output of the DVR I couldn't figure out how to turn off the Spanish closed-captioning. I couldn't figure out if it was coming from the DVR, DVD Recorder, or TV. Each component's menus said that captioning was off. Very frustrating.

#13 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• Registered
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:02 PM

Yep, I had the same problem. There must have been a dropout on the signal DirecTV got from WABC here in NY.

YUP. Me too. Been getting a lot of that recently. Picture freezes for a second then it all goes black for around 3-10 seconds. http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=172069 Seems like they replaced the Brripps with blackouts. :eek2: Do you both have the newest firmware ugrade?

Also in the NYC area.

#14 OFFLINE   TAnsley

TAnsley

AllStar

• Registered
  • 92 posts
  • LocationRound Rock, TX, USA

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:20 PM

I had this type of thing happen last night on OTA ABC watchin Modern Family.

It froze about 6 minutes in and when I tried to start over and fast forward, it skipped to about 10 minutes in. Nothing I did would get this back for me. Happened twice on this one show.
TAnsley

"I never said most of the things I said." - Yogi Berra

#15 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• Registered
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:26 PM

I had this type of thing happen last night on OTA ABC watchin Modern Family.

It froze about 6 minutes in and when I tried to start over and fast forward, it skipped to about 10 minutes in. Nothing I did would get this back for me. Happened twice on this one show.

Hmmm, seems "ABC" is the keyword here. My wife says it happen on other channels but I have only seen it on ABC programming but you're the 1st out of NYC area person who has mentioned it so far..

#16 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:40 PM

You mean because there are now 3 count 'em 3 different John Lockes played by the same actor (as well as two of everybody else)? Or because dead people keep coming back to life? Naaahhh! That's just good writing! :rolleyes:

BTW, I think ABC will repeat "LAX 2" just before the new ep next week, so you have a second shot at part of it.

Edited by TomCat, 04 February 2010 - 04:47 PM.

#17 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• Registered
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 07:54 PM

You mean because there are now 3 count 'em 3 different John Lockes played by the same actor (as well as two of everybody else)? Or because dead people keep coming back to life? Naaahhh! That's just good writing! :rolleyes:

BTW, I think ABC will repeat "LAX 2" just before the new ep next week, so you have a second shot at part of it.

They are repeating the previous weeks episode before each upcoming episode with the "pop-up" text boxes like they did last year explaining all the details and references of each scene.

#18 OFFLINE   TAnsley

TAnsley

AllStar

• Registered
  • 92 posts
  • LocationRound Rock, TX, USA

Posted 05 February 2010 - 04:29 PM

Hmmm, seems "ABC" is the keyword here. My wife says it happen on other channels but I have only seen it on ABC programming but you're the 1st out of NYC area person who has mentioned it so far..

Had problems with Fox last night watching a recording of American Idol. Actually the symptoms here were a freeze of the video (but not the UI). When I attempted to "resume" from the play list, it started over at the beginning of the recording. I fast forward past where the video/audio freeze happened and I can continue to watch...until it freezes again.

In the 1 hour recording, I had to do this 4 times.
TAnsley

"I never said most of the things I said." - Yogi Berra

#19 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• Registered
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 05:11 PM

Had problems with Fox last night watching a recording of American Idol. Actually the symptoms here were a freeze of the video (but not the UI). When I attempted to "resume" from the play list, it started over at the beginning of the recording. I fast forward past where the video/audio freeze happened and I can continue to watch...until it freezes again.

In the 1 hour recording, I had to do this 4 times.

That sounds more like a hard drive problem.

This is what I am getting:

Edited by TBlazer07, 05 February 2010 - 05:24 PM.

#20 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 08:52 PM

They are repeating the previous weeks episode before each upcoming episode with the "pop-up" text boxes like they did last year explaining all the details and references of each scene.

Great. That means I get to see the three John Lockes twice each. :rolleyes:

spam firewall