Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Superbowl 44 Congradulations REFS

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   jimmerz

jimmerz

AllStar

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:57 PM

compared to the last two SB the Stealers "won" This was a low penalty game. There was like 2 called?
SB XL had so many drive killing bad calls it was ridiculous, and as a Cardinals fan I'll never forget this non call: Posted Image

Not sure why that "non" call will stick with you? It was a clean hit as you can see over and over again he was hit on the side in the shoulder so good job refs! :nono2:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:58 PM

There should have been an after the play penalty on the on-side kick. The Saints bench was on the field interfering, including multiple coaches while the refs were looking for the ball.

While I don't think this non-call made any difference overall as it would have only given the Saints a different starting point, it should have been called in my opinion.

Cheers,
Tom

I thought the same thing, as player after player came out onto the field to get involved...

But, I also agree with your second point... the way the Saints marched down the field, did it *really* make a difference that there wasn't a penalty? They're on such a high at that point, I don't think a few extra yards would have made a difference.

If I'm the person responsible for grading the officials, there are definitely flaws that I could find... but I really thought that they called it the same for both sides, so despite the fact that I don't personally care for the way they called the game, the playing field was, IMO, level (well, actually, it's slightly crowned, but... you know what I mean. :P), and as a spectator, having the game called "fair" is more important that whether it's called "tight" or "loose".
"There's a statistical theory that if you gave a million monkey's typewriters and set them to work, they'd eventually come up with the complete works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Internet, we now know this isn't true" -Ian Hart

#23 OFFLINE   Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:59 PM

Not sure why that "non" call will stick with you? It was a clean hit as you can see over and over again he was hit on the side in the shoulder so good job refs! :nono2:

sure looks like two hands on his back to me.. and I'm NOT an Arizona fan.
"There's a statistical theory that if you gave a million monkey's typewriters and set them to work, they'd eventually come up with the complete works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Internet, we now know this isn't true" -Ian Hart

#24 OFFLINE   cheryl10

cheryl10

AllStar

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 05:43 PM

I thought the officials did an excellent job in the Super Bowl. Congratulations to the Saints and their fans.

#25 OFFLINE   DawgLink

DawgLink

Woof Woof Woof

• Registered
  • 1,543 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:43 PM

I am not sure I have seen a single person (except this thread) complain about the refs for the Super Bowl

Overall was a great game

Better team won

#26 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,689 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 08:18 AM

I am not sure I have seen a single person (except this thread) complain about the refs for the Super Bowl

Overall was a great game

Agree. The Refs generally do a pretty good job.

Can't say the same about the previous Superbowl - stolen by the refs with that video clip and the non-catch by Santonio Holmes in the end zone. (BTW - I could care less about the Arizona team). :eek2:

Posted Image
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#27 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,187 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 13 February 2010 - 11:42 AM

Oh, puhleeze! That whole tired argument and pic has already been debunked by the NFL. Steelers won fair and square. Get over it already.

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#28 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,689 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 11:48 AM

Oh, puhleeze! That whole tired argument and pic has already been debunked by the NFL. Steelers won fair and square. Get over it already.

:lol::lol::lol:

Denied yes, debunked no. :nono2:

The photo tells it all.

Like they're gonna come back after the game and after numerous replays and say "yeah....we totally blew the call, but what the heck..." :D:lol:

#29 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 11:52 AM

Then you haven't been paying attention much these many years, have you? The NFL is not one to be afraid to publicly state when its officials err. They backed up the officials' call in that game and debunked the one photo that you love to show with evidence that Holmes did, in fact, touch the ground with both feet. Of course, I'm sure you won't post one of those pics. (And no, I'm not going to.)

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#30 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,689 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:11 PM

The NFL is not one to be afraid to publicly state when its officials err. They backed up the officials' call in that game and debunked the one photo that you love to show with evidence that Holmes did, in fact, touch the ground with both feet. Of course, I'm sure you won't post one of those pics. (And no, I'm not going to.)

Love to see that Photoshopped photo. :D :lol:

#31 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:13 PM

Almost as photoshopped as the one you posted, eh?

#32 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,689 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:45 PM

Almost as photoshopped as the one you posted, eh?

From the cover of the Arizona newpaper?

Guess so.

Maybe they are on the Dark Side. :D

#33 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:47 PM

No, just looking for excuses as to why they legitimately lost the game.

#34 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,689 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:50 PM

No, just looking for excuses as to why they legitimately lost the game.

OK sir.

No skin off my nose. ;):D

By the way...as someone who has numerous friends and work collegues in the Pittsburgh area....they all (about 25 of them) have repeatedly stated at various times to me that they "know they got away with that one". It would appear that the stigma of that lingers on, even to the "victors".

But its history now, so we'll let it rest in peace.;):)

#35 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:52 PM

Obviously ignorant Pittsburgh people they are.

#36 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,689 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:53 PM

Obviously ignorant Pittsburgh people they are.

...or so Yoda might say. :D

#37 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,252 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 01:09 PM

C'mon, let us stick to this year. We had last year's thread... well last year. :)

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#38 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,689 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 01:13 PM

C'mon, let us stick to this year. We had last year's thread... well last year. :)

Cheers,
Tom

We're all good with that....as the Saints come marchin in... :D

Protected By... spam firewall...And...