Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Is my R-15 dying?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jerryb33

jerryb33

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:22 AM

In the last week my R-15 has been re-booting itself (twice). It does not reformat the HDD as my programs are still on it. The weird thing is that my defaults were reset, at least the record options page went back to both, when I had it set to First Run only. My HDD was filling up with all kinds of repeats. Went into my recordings management and had to program First Run into all my recordings (about 25). Reset the rec. defaults also. Last night I look at my recordings and again had some dups. Looked at my recording setup and there some recordings with BOTH in the setup. In the management page and BOTH was back in. Reset it and saved again.

This re-booting was occuring about 2 months ago and stopped. At that time the settings were not being reset.

Unit is 28 months old, leased and no commitment on it. I have a R-22 with about a year to go. Been a customer over 10 years.

Is it time to replace with no commitments?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:00 PM

I haven't seen that issue of the Default Recording Settings being reset. How often is your receiver actually rebooting (i.e. a few times a day, once a week, etc.)?

As for your commitment, it is tied to your account and not a specific receiver. So you would currently have one year left, but could deactivate either of your receivers. As for replacing the R15, if it is a lease, it would be replaced with no commitment for the cost of shipping. If you own the R15, it would be replaced with a 2 year commitment, which starts at the time of activation, for the cost of shipping. If you have the Protection Plan, the replacement would be free with no commitment whether you owned or leased the R15.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#3 OFFLINE   jerryb33

jerryb33

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:29 PM

This happened on the weekend 2/5 & 2/6. It hasn't happen since. The first time it happened I taught it was an update, but when I look at setup menu it had the latest update date in both the original and latest slots.

A question on the HD DVR unit. If you order this unit and only have SD programming, are you still charged the $10 a month extra. I like the ON DEMAND feature, but won't pay for it. My R-22 is being used by my daughter and I can't get at it. LOL

#4 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:12 PM

If you order an HD receiver, you will automatically be charged for HD as long as that receiver is active on your account, unless you are in one of the few former 72.5 locals markets (though you'd have to order an SD receiver and let them subsitute an HD version).

#5 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 10 February 2010 - 03:16 PM

Battlezone is 100% correct in his explanation...

#6 OFFLINE   jerryb33

jerryb33

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 03:57 PM

Thanks, I taught that is the way it was, just clarifying.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...