Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Korean Channels in HD?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   pappy97

pappy97

Icon

• No PM's
  • 609 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 11:07 AM

My non-Korean (even non-Asian for that matter) wife LOVES Korean dramas. The ones she likes usually air on SBS in Korea and then fans add subtitles and put them on line.

It would make my wife's life complete if the Korean intl channels on DirecTV had english subs.

Does anyone know if DirecTV's korean channels like SBS have english subtitles? Thanks.

P.S. Sorry for the misnomer of title. I am so used to asking about HD, I simply said HD when I meant to say english subs.
My setup (TV + DirecTV):
Master Bedroom: LG 32" 120hz LCD TV, GENIE Client
Living room: Samsung 46" 120hz LED LCD TV 7000 series, GENIE Master
Dedicated HT: Epson 8700UB projector with 150" 16:9 painted on screen and 180" 2.4:1 painted on screen, HD-DVR (HR22), Denon AVR-890, Klipsch Icon Front Speakers, Center Speaker, and Klipsch Icon Floorstanders for side and rear speakers (6 total floorstanders), subwoofer is BIC America V-1220 12" down-firing sub

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   gbubar

gbubar

Legend

• Registered
  • 159 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 08:22 PM

Most of the programs have subtitles...not all, but most.
HR22-100
HR20-700
HR20-100
H21-100
HR24-500
Whole House DVR

5LNB Slimline Dish and International Dish

#3 OFFLINE   amorse2183

amorse2183

Legend

• Registered
  • 106 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 09:49 AM

does she like the show where there is one girl and 3-4 other guys who all go to some school where they wear uniforms? I think literally translated to english the show title is Flower 4 or something like that? I recently was in Ulsan negotiating a contract for about 6 months and that show was on all the time. I speak no Korean so I dont know what they were saying. I watched it anyway though.

#4 OFFLINE   pappy97

pappy97

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • No PM's
  • 609 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:52 AM

does she like the show where there is one girl and 3-4 other guys who all go to some school where they wear uniforms? I think literally translated to english the show title is Flower 4 or something like that? I recently was in Ulsan negotiating a contract for about 6 months and that show was on all the time. I speak no Korean so I dont know what they were saying. I watched it anyway though.

No, she likes a show that is airing in Korea now involving a lawyer and a lady who used to work for him but now lives with him as his maid.

Anyways I was able to dig up more info on the SBS shown on DirecTV. Their dramas do have english subs (probably for the people like my wife), but they are older. They don't show ones currently airing in Korea and it's probably a dealbreaker for us adding that. It's a shame, it was going to be a Valentine's Day gift from me to her (but I get something out of it too because I like the idea of adding another dish).
My setup (TV + DirecTV):
Master Bedroom: LG 32" 120hz LCD TV, GENIE Client
Living room: Samsung 46" 120hz LED LCD TV 7000 series, GENIE Master
Dedicated HT: Epson 8700UB projector with 150" 16:9 painted on screen and 180" 2.4:1 painted on screen, HD-DVR (HR22), Denon AVR-890, Klipsch Icon Front Speakers, Center Speaker, and Klipsch Icon Floorstanders for side and rear speakers (6 total floorstanders), subwoofer is BIC America V-1220 12" down-firing sub

spam firewall