Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Choice Ultimate package now available

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   marker101

marker101

Legend

• Registered
  • 157 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:14 PM

Ripoff? How about the measly Cinemax channels at what they are charging. Thanks but no thanks. Most places bundle HBO and Cinemax. Not Directv.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,743 posts
  • LocationDawson, Georgia

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:42 PM

For no particular reason I feel compelled to warn those with Total Choice Plus to keep Total Choice Plus. No matter how you crunch the numbers, its a better deal, because with Total Choice Plus, you can subscribe to Starz/Encore, and if you dont want it during the summer for example, you can drop it. Once you lock in to Ultimate, you'll never be able to go back to TC+.

Back when I first got DirecTV, the Encore channels were included in the top Total Choice package, and while it's for an extra fee, I LIKE that DirecTV is now offering this.

At this point in time, I can't justify going to Total Choice Ultimate from Total Choice Plus, but if DirecTV adds more HD simulcasts of the premiums, I may indeed be interested.

~Alan

#43 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,743 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:48 PM

10 more are coming soon like Movie Channel west HD?

8 Encore HD?

movie channel xtra HD?

I simply said I thought it was interesting that the page stated that it had 10 more HD channels than Total Choice Xtra... and commented that of the 11 premium channels this package adds, only 1 of them is currently available in HD... so where do they get the additional 10 HD channels?

Either it's a mistake which is very probable given the other mistakes on the page, or perhaps DirecTV intends on adding HD versions of those channels.

Wishful thinking... nothing more...

~Alan

#44 OFFLINE   Luck255

Luck255

Legend

• Registered
  • 134 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:07 PM

When I called I was told no that if you have the Ultimate pack that if you add Starz that you have to pay full price for the Starz pack. I think its a rip off. There is no other package that has this issue. No real reason for this one to either. Its simple just give us $5 off the Starz pack if we sub to it to. Nope you can just pay for Encore twice.

You only get the encore tmc/sundance channels with ultimate over choice extra so if you wanted starz you would go to choice extra and add starz. Right? Or then you would miss the TMC/Sundance? I feel like I'm the only one whos missing something. :confused:

#45 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,743 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:23 PM

You only get the encore tmc/sundance channels with ultimate over choice extra so if you wanted starz you would go to choice extra and add starz. Right? Or then you would miss the TMC/Sundance? I feel like I'm the only one whos missing something. :confused:

Actually, Sundance would be included with the Starz package as well.

So the only difference with Total Choice Plus/Extra over Total Choice Ultimate is The Movie Channel (E&W) and some MusicTap channels.

However, for those who don't want to shell out $11(?) for the Starz package, you can pay $5 extra and get 11 extra movie channels.

~Alan

#46 OFFLINE   marker101

marker101

Legend

• Registered
  • 157 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:02 PM

I just bought into the Choice Ultimate package, mainly to offset the price increase and to get additional Sonic Tap channels. I only subscribed to Starz Super Pack for the Encore channels anyway, so having the Starz channels didn't do much for me anyways. So, even after the HD Access and DVR being separate fees, now my bill is back down to where it was before the price increases, so I'm happy. Thanks DirecTV :)

#47 OFFLINE   cariera

cariera

Icon

• Registered
  • 862 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 09:31 AM

Actually, Sundance would be included with the Starz package as well.

The Sundance Channel is in the Showtime package, not Starz:

https://www.directv....emiums/showtime

https://www.directv....ooternavtype=-1

#48 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,743 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 01:14 PM

The Sundance Channel is in the Showtime package, not Starz:

https://www.directv....emiums/showtime

https://www.directv....ooternavtype=-1

In the past, any time I've ever subscribed to a premium movie package (like HBO), Sundance was always added at the same time. It's been a while (a couple of years) since I subscribed to the movie packages... perhaps they changed this?

~Alan

#49 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,349 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 11 February 2010 - 02:48 PM

Ripoff? How about the measly Cinemax channels at what they are charging. Thanks but no thanks. Most places bundle HBO and Cinemax. Not Directv.

Thats partially true. If you call them today and ask they can give you HBO and MAX in a 2 for 1 deal for 3 months lol. I know its only 3 months but if you want it call and ask for it.

spam firewall