Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Don't bite on DirecTV's offer to watch Couples Retreat free (or for $1)

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Altcool

Altcool

Legend

• Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 10:58 PM

So where can one find the redemption information. I went on http://www.directv.com/cinema and found nothing about the offer
AU9 SWM16 HR21 HR23 HR24 HR24 H20 H24 H24 R22 D12 AM21
Wish List: HR44, SWM32

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   Syzygy

Syzygy

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 04:08 PM

I thought you [Syzygy] were going to warn people that they will never see that $4.99. I have fallen for this scam twice, never to see a cent on one of these deals. I have autopay, and I have followed the instructions METICULOUSLY, but I have never gotten my rebates.

Fool me thrice? No thanks!

Thanks for that info! I've quoted you in my original post, #1, as well. I hadn't thought it might be a scam.
Frank TiVangelist since Aug 1999, HD since Dec 2002, DirecTV since Aug 2004, DECA/MRV since Nov 2010
HR24-100 > HDMI > Pio 5020FD plasma
HR24-100 > HDMI > Sony KV30HS420 tube

DirecTV & Dish HD Channel Spreadsheet
DirecTV & Dish HD Channels Listed by Package

#43 OFFLINE   cebbigh

cebbigh

Icon

• Registered
  • 517 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 04:34 PM

Got a call on it and passed before I saw this thread. I tend not to ever take "free" offers over the phone just because I've been burned in the past. Not by Directv but I just don't trust any "free" offers. They usually cost too much.
Chuck
TV: Mitsubishi 57" 1080p DLP (WD-Y577)
DTV: HR20-100 & HR21-700
BLU-RAY (Panasonic BD-35)
Netflix/Roku player

#44 OFFLINE   susanandmark

susanandmark

Godfather

• Registered
  • 411 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 04:38 PM

I've never not had a valid offer honored by DirecTV (including a previous free PPV) but they make you jump through some hoops (mailing in, etc.), probably in hopes you'll give up.

I will say I HATE those sales calls for "special offers" from DirecTV which have become ubiquitous of late. Especially since most of the offers aren't really that special. Two PPV movies for the price of one? Umm, no thanks. I don't even want the one. It doesn't help that they don't even get the good Indian call centers to make the calls. I'm sick of talking to barely understandable guys named "Tom" whose accent is thicker than most taxi drivers in Mumbai.

#45 OFFLINE   gregftlaud

gregftlaud

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 09:09 PM

I watched the movie today. Thought it was REALLY funny.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...