Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Landlord permission

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   curt8403

curt8403

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,481 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 04:43 PM

For the installers out there, do you require written permission from a landlord, or will you accept verbal permission?
I am no longer connected with Directv or any other satellite provider

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,930 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 11 February 2010 - 04:44 PM

Only written!

#3 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 05:12 PM

If the customer has a balcony or patio (i.e., an "exclusive use area") that has LOS, then no permission is needed. Other than that, I need written permission from the landlord before I attach anything to the building, install a pole, or drill.

#4 OFFLINE   ndole

ndole

Problem Solver

• Registered
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 05:21 PM

Cover your butt. The installer isn't going to take the heat if you're landlord gets upset, you will. Get written permission, and make a copy for yourself.
"He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else."

#5 OFFLINE   joe diamond

joe diamond

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:45 PM

For the installers out there, do you require written permission from a landlord, or will you accept verbal permission?

Directv even has a form:
It allows the dish to be put up, cable to be run & holes to be drilled as necessary.

For fun ask who holds the general liability insurance.

You, the customer, still are responsible for what maybe considered damage when you move out. If the tech drills a pipe or wire in your wall . . .

Joe

Edited by joe diamond, 11 February 2010 - 06:46 PM.
typo

#6 OFFLINE   ndole

ndole

Problem Solver

• Registered
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 07:13 PM

Directv even has a form:
It allows the dish to be put up, cable to be run & holes to be drilled as necessary.

For fun ask who holds the general liability insurance.

You, the customer, still are responsible for what maybe considered damage when you move out. If the tech drills a pipe or wire in your wall . . .

Joe

!rolling!rolling!rolling!rolling
"He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else."

#7 OFFLINE   samrs

samrs

MANC

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationFlat Branch, NC

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:52 PM

Written.

Professional landlords include instructions in the lease. Some also include the cartoons from the FCC web site. Either or both will do.

Less knowledgeable or perhaps shrewder slum lords provide a handwriten note that goes something like, "You have permission to have satellite installed." this along with my signed pre-installation worksheet get turned in with the workorder. Guaranteed to cost someone their security deposit.

#8 OFFLINE   MrShowtime

MrShowtime

Legend

• Registered
  • 244 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 07:09 PM

If the customer has a balcony or patio (i.e., an "exclusive use area") that has LOS, then no permission is needed. Other than that, I need written permission from the landlord before I attach anything to the building, install a pole, or drill.

same thing as him. From experience I know how most of the complexes around my area work and their rules. And the customer will definitely be signing a prework authorization form before anything is done
My posts represent my opinions and do not represent the opinions of directv, any hsp, or anyone else (including the cookie monster)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...